Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Battery disassembly

Trail_Niels

Reaction score
Hi,

Have anyone disassembled a Skydio 2 battery?
In case you did, what was the best approach to do it without damage?

Cheers
Niels

It is not advised to disassemble the battery. Why would you anyway?

Hi,

Have anyone disassembled a Skydio 2 battery?
In case you did, what was the best approach to do it without damage?

Cheers
Niels
I've got a battery that displays full while the drone tells me there's an issue with it and won't take off. Since it's no good for flying it'll be coming apart, I just haven't got around to it yet.

It is not advised to disassemble the battery. Why would you anyway?
I have a dead battery and got a battery with a broken casing.
My hope was to get one functional battery out of the two

I managed to disassemble and reassemble a battery , combining a dead battery and a battery with a broken housing.
I bought a battery where the internals but not the casing had survived a crash. Looking at the cracked casing I got an idea of how it was assembled. There are 3 assembly clips on each side and 2 on the rear of the battery casing holding the casing together. Besides that the casing is glued together. The battery is glued on the baseplate, and the connector is fixed with a plate screwed to the base plate. On the bottom of the battery there are 2 stripes of foam glued to both battery and casing bottom probably in order to compensate for tolerance and to prevent shock when landing. Each corner of the baseplate has a magnet which holds the battery to the drone.
The disassemble process was to cut the two halves with a Stanley knife, cutting 1/5” deep, then heating the bottom of the landing base with a hairdryer, while breaking the assembly clips by pulling the 2 halves from one another.

Attachments

• IMG_3550.jpeg
    IMG_3550.jpeg
    628.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3549.jpeg
    IMG_3549.jpeg
    773.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3554.jpeg
    IMG_3554.jpeg
    526.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3552.jpeg
    IMG_3552.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for showing that, I've got one on my bench that I wanted to peek into, That'll make it a lot easier.

Reactions: Trail_Niels
So, I'm running into the same issue, fully charged battery, but the system will not let me yake off. Gives me a weak battery warning. What fixed it?
battery issue.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayrrr