Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Confirmed - Skydio IS getting out of the consumer market

Well, I'm glad I purchased three of these things, (2) S2's and (1) S2+. They have performed well for me and I'm while I'm disappointed, they are leaving the consumer market I feel lucky to have them at all.

For those who feel ripped off I foresee a strong market to sell your S2.
One S2+ and 4 batteries, I'm feeling pretty ok with what I have as well. Not a lot of risk but I don't feel so comfortable with just one controller and especially with just one beacon. *Thinking* about a backup beacon since let's be honest, these drones are nothing special without the beacon and the superior OA.

It’s unfortunate that they announced the abandoning of the consumer line AFTER they sold all inventory, which would have given us early adapters an informed opportunity to upgrade with their remaining inventory. Had I known that the 2+ was the last consumer version offered, I and many other Skydio 2 owners would have upgraded to the + instead of waiting for the much-anticipated Skydio 3 that we were all expecting. By doing this, they took away our options. A harsh and careless way to treat their initial customer base that enabled their new enterprise strategy.

I now take back every outstanding review I have given (many on DJI forums) of Skydio’s outstanding customer support.

Shame on them for leading us into this situation.
I never felt the need or desire to upgrade to the 2+, I don't push the limits on it's range, I can't see the one I have now when it's far out considering it's a blue drone flying in a blue sky. I do wish I'd bought a spare one though. My experience is they've always had outstanding customer support, answered my responses quickly and even replaced my drone with a brand new one 1 year out of warranty after an incident despite the drone still flying fine. I'm disappointed they stopped selling to the public but they've not given me any reasons to be mad at them for a corporate decision that was related to their liquidity.

Reactions: VEGASROBBI
How's it going? Is everyone seeing the Skydio resale values on eBay currently north of US$3,000 for used drone kits? Are we still resisting or holding out for higher? Everyone has their price, how high will it go before you sell yours?

For a drone I only fly about a half dozen times a year and have no idea what the future will be, I wonder what to do? What if DJI comes out with a drone with AI and OA that equals or rivals the Skydio 2 then where are we?

How's it going? Is everyone seeing the Skydio resale values on eBay currently north of US$3,000 for used drone kits? Are we still resisting or holding out for higher? Everyone has their price, how high will it go before you sell yours?

For a drone I only fly about a half dozen times a year and have no idea what the future will be, I wonder what to do? What if DJI comes out with a drone with AI and OA that equals or rivals the Skydio 2 then where are we?
I haven't seen any going for that high

I'd flip it if I was in your position, in very few other cases has a dated bit of consumer tech appreciated in value

I still use my personal S2+ all the time and just had to fork out for a replacement which cost ~$2300AUD (inc 10% duty) just for the airframe!

It will be a sad day when this one bites it

Reactions: kenmavic2zoom
When I heard they were ditching the consumer market I bought a spare from a nice person on here (thanks!). There's no other drone that can do this especiayly for how @paularity and I use it; almost a 100% reliance on the drone's intelligence to get the shots and not crash. There's no other options.

Every other drone requires a controller in your hand and the ones that try to mimic the same capability as the SD are sorely lacking up to this point.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup