Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Controller will not detect/connect to iPhone

gneville

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping someone can help me out. I am a new drone pilot. Bought a Skydio 2 used and it has been working relatively well and I am becoming more familiar with it. I flew it once using the controller connected to my iPhone. Recently, when I plug the controller into my phone, my phone does not detect the controller nor does the controller show up in the tabs in the app. In the app, it detects my phone and the drone however the controller does nothing. I am using the 12" USB-C to lightning cable which came with the drone. I am using the most recent version of the app and firmware for the drone. Any thoughts or suggestions? I called and emailed Skydio customer support a week ago and no response.
I have been flying the drone with the beacon and that works well but I would like to be able to use the controller as well.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers

Try this if you have not, turn your Drone and Controller on, then connect the Drone and Controller via the USB-C to USB-C cable that you should have, same length as the USB-C to Lightning, this ensures that the Controller gets the same firmware update as the drone which should pair them, the light on the controller should blink, the lights on the drone should be solid, connect the two together as mentioned earlier, the blue light on the Controller will stop blinking, then become solid Blue ( a darker shade ), blink once and then solid again which means they are paired, if you see the light on the controller turn green, then it is being updated by the drone.

Sometimes for some odd reason, pull the Lightning cable out and re-insert to get the controller & phone talking to the drone if you are not getting a connection while you are starting up for a flight.

Hope this helps.

Try this if you have not, turn your Drone and Controller on, then connect the Drone and Controller via the USB-C to USB-C cable that you should have, same length as the USB-C to Lightning, this ensures that the Controller gets the same firmware update as the drone which should pair them, the light on the controller should blink, the lights on the drone should be solid, connect the two together as mentioned earlier, the blue light on the Controller will stop blinking, then become solid Blue ( a darker shade ), blink once and then solid again which means they are paired, if you see the light on the controller turn green, then it is being updated by the drone.

Sometimes for some odd reason, pull the Lightning cable out and re-insert to get the controller & phone talking to the drone if you are not getting a connection while you are starting up for a flight.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Blueheeler. I appreciate the help. I’ll give that a try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks Blueheeler. I appreciate the help. I’ll give that a try and let you know how it goes.
Thanks Blueheeler however that did not resolve the issue. I tried deleting the Skydio app on my iPhone and reinstalled and no joy. I tried loading the Skydio app on my wife’s android and it still did not detect the controller. It is fully charged. The controller light is light blue at best. It does not seem to turn dark blue as you noted and other videos show. I wish I could reset both the drone and controller however the controller reset doesn’t seem to work and I do not know how to reset the drone. I suspect the drone and controller are not connecting.
I’ve tried calling Skydio support 3 times and sent 2 emails with no response. Kind of frustrating. Thanks for your help.
Still not resolved

Thanks Blueheeler however that did not resolve the issue. I tried deleting the Skydio app on my iPhone and reinstalled and no joy. I tried loading the Skydio app on my wife’s android and it still did not detect the controller. It is fully charged. The controller light is light blue at best. It does not seem to turn dark blue as you noted and other videos show. I wish I could reset both the drone and controller however the controller reset doesn’t seem to work and I do not know how to reset the drone. I suspect the drone and controller are not connecting.
I’ve tried calling Skydio support 3 times and sent 2 emails with no response. Kind of frustrating. Thanks for your help.
Still not resolved

Skydio has left the consumer market, but claim to support existing consumer customers that have registered with them. I suspect they will not return your call because you are not the original owner, Skydio is known NOT to respond. I am assuming the previous owner had cleared his email and wifi creds from the drone and returned it to factory settings ( did you get the original sticker with the WiFi Password ? ) and you have followed the prompts to add yours. I find it odd that you had it working and now it will not, something is amiss and we're missing it. I hope someone else here would jump in if they have experienced the same issue.

Skydio has left the consumer market, but claim to support existing consumer customers that have registered with them. I suspect they will not return your call because you are not the original owner, Skydio is known NOT to respond. I am assuming the previous owner had cleared his email and wifi creds from the drone and returned it to factory settings ( did you get the original sticker with the WiFi Password ? ) and you have followed the prompts to add yours. I find it odd that you had it working and now it will not, something is amiss and we're missing it. I hope someone else here would jump in if they have experienced the same issue.
Well, I appreciate the help however I seem to be losing ground. I tried a factory reset and now the drone will not even connect to my iPhone. I did a facTory reset with the app It’s pretty frustrating . I have tried the 7 restarts, re-installed the app and no luck. Argh!

gneville,

I am assuming you have the Operator Manual, Page 8 Pre-Flight must be done exactly, Skydio is a finicky little monster.
I don't know what iphone you are using and I am assuming you chose the correct Skydio App, I have seen some newbies use the Skydio Enterprise App ( wrong app ) and go bananas. Yeah, getting started is pretty frustrating, been there with the Skydio and DJI Drones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewton