Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

How to tell a Skydio 2 and 2+ apart?

erandall38

Reaction score
Looking to buy a Skydio 2+, but not sure if there are visual cues to know that it is a 2+ and not a 2? Maybe a model # on it?

They seem hard to get, so I am looking on craigslist and other online marketplaces. Any other concerns I should look out for, or specific questions to ask? My first drone, so not sure if there are standard questions to ask.

Thanks for any input.

Unlike the S2, the S2+ has foldable external antenna on the tops of the front arms and can easily be seen when they are deployed vertically but not so easy to spot when folded down onto the arms.

You can always post the picture or provide a link to the drone and someone here can try to help you identify the drone but you are correct, it's not easy because they look so similar and there's a lot of inaccuracy abound.

Underneath the battery on the bottom of the drone, the label is clearly marked if you can obtain that image as well.

Reactions: Ridefreak
Unlike the S2, the S2+ has foldable external antenna on the tops of the front arms and can easily be seen when they are deployed vertically but not so easy to spot when folded down onto the arms.

You can always post the picture or provide a link to the drone and someone here can try to help you identify the drone but you are correct, it's not easy because they look so similar and there's a lot of inaccuracy abound.

Underneath the battery on the bottom of the drone, the label is clearly marked if you can obtain that image as well.
Thank you for this!

Here is one I am looking at. I assume the S2+ I can see where the battery normally is, is what you are referring to?

If you get that one I'd suggest a prop swap first thing.
This is my first drone, so just want to confirm. I assume that means swapping the used props with brand new ones in case of any damage/dings/etc that could effect the flying.

This is my first drone, so just want to confirm. I assume that means swapping the used props with brand new ones in case of any damage/dings/etc that could effect the flying.
Right, buy new set(s) of props, always have extra on hand at all times anyway. ( Props are $29. per set at Skydio )
Inspect the drone and props as soon as you get it, compare the props to a new set, its all up to you how you maintain your Drone. I am looking at the pic you posted, the props look like they need replacing, but that's just me, I'm a picky SOB. ;)

I am looking at the pic you posted, the props look like they need replacing, but that's just me, I'm a picky SOB. ;)
That's why I mentioned it, they look like they had a rough life, They may just be dirty making them look thrashed.

Right, buy new set(s) of props, always have extra on hand at all times anyway. ( Props are $29. per set at Skydio )
Inspect the drone and props as soon as you get it, compare the props to a new set, its all up to you how you maintain your Drone. I am looking at the pic you posted, the props look like they need replacing, but that's just me, I'm a picky SOB. ;)
Ordered two sets. Thank you to you and Ridefreak for the rec!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UpAboveVisuals