Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New custom case arrived today.

Thanks for posting this, I've been toying with different designs with MyCaseBuilder and hadn't considered a smaller case and I wanted to wait until I'd used the Skydio a few times to find what my needs were as far as slots for accessories. I have the pro case from Skydio that came with the Cinema Kit and making a custom foam around that.

The kit I need to add is
Skydio 2 drone (with battery attached)
5 spare batteires
2 dual chargers
Beacon
Controller
96W MacBook USB-C charger block
UK plug duck head
Polar pro (and possibly Freewell) ND Filters
few spare sections for cables etc.

I have a rough design (attached) but a little worried that I don't have the measurements right, but I do like how MyCasebuilder let you adjust all the inserts and offer a small fee (I think 10 euros) as a kind of insurance in case the first foam doesn't work so you can adjust and replace for free

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-17 at 11.31.14.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-17 at 11.31.14.png
    403.8 KB · Views: 5
I ordered a custom case from them for my original Mavic Pro several years ago and I can't recommend them enough. It took a while, but the case came out perfect. Great communication too. Congrats!

LP

Gotta ask.... why take so many batteries?

P.S. Their insurance offer is a great idea!!
I drive out to places to fly and the long term goal is to do 3d scanning. I've had it before where I have to wait for batteries to charge so this way I can charge batteries as they are used up. I have an Anger portable charger but takes about an hour to charge each battery. With a power socket available I can charge two batteries an hour using the dual charger and a 96W MacBook USB-C charger

Just means I'm not stuck on site waiting for batteries

Ordered a custom case from mycasebuilder.com using their mycasebuilder j171 case.
Awesome Idea. I had a pressurized case sitting around that I wasn't able to use because of the "create your own layout" foam. Garbage fit so I ordered a Mavic 2 specific case and this one became a forgotten item. Now I have a use for it. My design (cost $70) below. Numbers on each cutout represent depth of cutout, drone center holds 3rd battery
SkydioCaseDesign.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES