Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Ordering and shipping time?

FASTFJR

Reaction score
Does the ordering and shipping time sound insane to anyone else or is it just me? I went to place and order last week and was told it would be shipping the Third Quarter of 2020. I'm sorry but that's just crazy, like in 3DR Solo Crazy. So you have a great product but can't ship it for 9-10 months, technology will have easily changed in that amount of time. Guess I'll look for a used one

Reactions: Lifeisfun
It's a small company that's ramping up to supply a big demand for a high tech product.

It's a small company that's ramping up to supply a big demand for a high tech product.

Sorry but that excuse doesn't cut it. They should have known better. This has all the signs of going the way of the 3DR Solo. I paid for my product and waited, waited some more. Then it didn't ship with the gimbal. Get real, a wait time of 9 months for a product? How many people are going to wait that long? How long will it take DJI to put the great stuff from skydio 2 into a new Mavic? I bet it won't take 9 months Lol

Hopefully I'm wrong and they gear up and start shipping in 2-3 months

I read where one of their biggest challenges is obtaining the NVIDIA TX-2 processor in sufficient quantities. That's not unusual in the semiconductor industry for cutting edge processors. To be clear, this isn't even close to the same situation as the 3DR Solo. SD is being totally upfront about it, they're telling you how long the wait is, not requiring that you pay ahead of time and only asking for a refundable $100 deposit to secure your place in line. That's pretty transparent and reasonable IMO. What else can they do, wait till they had 10,000 of them built before releasing it? Lots of people hesitated and are regretting that decision.

I understand though, you have the $$ and want to purchase it, I'm sure some will be available used but consider that's there's others like you and this is a limited quantity item. I posted up on YT that I signed up for the first batch and some Chinese guy offered me $2K for it.

If I can make a suggestion, get your name on the list, there's no downside to that. Meantime if you find one used buy it, if you don't you still have your place in line. And if DJI comes up with something comparable which I highly doubt you can get your $$ back.

You may be able to buy one right now but it'll cost you, right now it's @ $600 over retail with a week left, it'll likely go for $2K or more.
Skydio 2 Drone w/ Skydio Beacon and extra battery, New in box | eBay

Last edited:
Reactions: FASTFJR
I read where one of their biggest challenges is obtaining the NVIDIA TX-2 processor in sufficient quantities. That's not unusual in the semiconductor industry for cutting edge processors. To be clear, this isn't even close to the same situation as the 3DR Solo. SD is being totally upfront about it, they're telling you how long the wait is, not requiring that you pay ahead of time and only asking for a refundable $100 deposit to secure your place in line. That's pretty transparent and reasonable IMO. What else can they do, wait till they had 10,000 of them built before releasing it? Lots of people hesitated and are regretting that decision.

I understand though, you have the $$ and want to purchase it, I'm sure some will be available used but consider that's there's others like you and this is a limited quantity item. I posted up on YT that I signed up for the first batch and some Chinese guy offered me $2K for it.

If I can make a suggestion, get your name on the list, there's no downside to that. Meantime if you find one used buy it, if you don't you still have your place in line. And if DJI comes up with something comparable which I highly doubt you can get your $$ back.

You may be able to buy one right now but it'll cost you, right now it's @ $600 over retail with a week left, it'll likely go for $2K or more.
Skydio 2 Drone w/ Skydio Beacon and extra battery, New in box | eBay

Yea, I saw that one on eBay......I don't want one that bad Lol

I'm surprised that they are not worried that someone else from Asia will eat their lunch.
Also find it unreasonable to order tech product and receive it 7 months later.
By that time should be discounted already.

The tech is so far beyond anything else that exist. They probably design things for DARPA then dropped some of that tech into the drones. Basically billions of dollars of equipment and top-end engineers that no one can even compare to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup