Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Reviews Coming In...

Another Controller Remote review from Billie K, his controller has also a single USB Port.

After it lost connection it was flying back at 90C orientation. This is what others have observed. When the drone returns to home automatically (after loosing signal), it will return the same way as it's orientated when it lost signal, you cannot turn it around or turn the camera around.

Thus far there seems to be no flyaways or unexplained crashes, right?

Packed with some good information ... thanks for uploading.
However, I could NOT find a manual version number in the copy you uploaded.... Hope Skydio changes that and starts some sort of configuration control on its manuals to avoid more problems down the road. I think things are going to be changing fast and furiously, so properly labelled company literature is an absolute must.
Even DJI has rev numbers on their literature...

Reactions: loyukfai
Range test...

BTW, it seems Skydio is hiring an antenna engineer...

Last edited:

Looks like they're wising up as to why they're controller design isn't the best it could be.... if I were a betting man, you're going to see a whole new controller design soon.

Looks like they're wising up as to why they're controller design isn't the best it could be.... if I were a betting man, you're going to see a whole new controller design soon.
Is it only the controller or is it also about the drone though...?

Is it only the controller or is it also about the drone though...?
Best results would be obtained by optimizing antennas for both the controller AND the drone BUT adding external drone attennas probably comes at the cost of sacrificing some of the drones OA capability. The fact that Skydio already noted that they choose to go the unfolded arm route and not have a landing gear would be the same reason they probably wouldn't add an external antennas. Better internal antenna optimally spaced would improve the reception if space could be found.

Last edited:
Whatever the fix is it won't be in S2. Wireless signal strength can't be improved upon with just a firmware update. Maybe in another year or so when Skydio 3 is released you'll have a better controller experience when the wireless connection and controller are improved.

The job posting specifically mentioned "700 MHz to 6 GHz"... Wonder if it's something about 5G...

Whatever the fix is it won't be in S2. Wireless signal strength can't be improved upon with just a firmware update. Maybe in another year or so when Skydio 3 is released you'll have a better controller experience when the wireless connection and controller are improved.
Given the back order problem they face I'd have to agree with you.

They may however be able to make incremental steps toward their goal by just finding some way of squeezing in more and/or better internal antennas into the current S2 body.

Reactions: loyukfai

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES