Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 Battery Issue

We Run HSV

Reaction score
Found that one of my batteries shows a full charge, but when I connect it and try to fly, it gives me a weak battery error. The display shows over 90% battery. I've had all three batteries for about 2 years. First thought is a old/bad battery, but why would it fully charge to 90+%?
Any thoughts?
battery issue.png

Found that one of my batteries shows a full charge, but when I connect it and try to fly, it gives me a weak battery error. The display shows over 90% battery. I've had all three batteries for about 2 years. First thought is a old/bad battery, but why would it fully charge to 90+%?
Any thoughts?
View attachment 965
Most of my batteries were new when the SD2 first came out. I recently had the first one say the same thing with the same exact symptoms. No swelling, just bad according to the display. I double checked that all the batteries were up to date and they were. Since it's a smart battery, maybe it's set to XX charge cycles. Ether way I'm not surprised considering their age.

Most of my batteries were new when the SD2 first came out. I recently had the first one say the same thing with the same exact symptoms. No swelling, just bad according to the display. I double checked that all the batteries were up to date and they were. Since it's a smart battery, maybe it's set to XX charge cycles. Ether way I'm not surprised considering their age.
I have the same problem. Would you please tell me how to check and reset my batties?

I have the same problem. Would you please tell me how to check and reset my batties?
Got a hold of Skydio support and this is what they said:

Thanks for contacting us and sorry to hear about the battery charging issue you seem to be having. We were unexpectedly disconnected earlier, but I wanted to ensure you were provided with the related troubleshooting. That said, please review the details below

1. The first thing to try is to reset the battery by pressing and holding the button on the battery for 10 seconds. You can do this while it's attached to the drone, and while using the power adaptor to charge the battery through the drone.
    • After that step, allow the battery to charge for one hour and take note of any LED activity. Then give the drone and battery a quick test to see if the issue still occurs. If so, please continue to the next steps.
  2. Follow these instructions to perform a "hard reset" of your Skydio drone:
    1. Attach your Skydio drone to a fully charged battery.
    2. Power up your Skydio drone by pressing and holding the battery button for 3 seconds:
      • Ensure that the Skydio drone is fully powered on by observing the following:
        • After a brief pause, the gimbal should "snap" into place.
        • The LED lights on the drone "wings" will be solid blue.
    3. Power the drone off by pressing and holding the battery button until the LED lights turn off.
    4. Repeat this "on/off" process six consecutive times.
    5. Power on the drone for the 7th time and wait until the lights are again solid blue.
    6. Open the Skydio App and verify that there are no devices connected.
    7. Re-pair your Skydio drone to your Controller and/or Beacon (as needed).
    8. Give the drone and battery a quick test to see if the issue is still occurring.

If the above steps don't appear to fix the issue you're experiencing, just reply here with:
  • The serial number of your affected battery (the serial number is located on the back of the battery in small print next to the QR code)
  • Make, model, & operating system of phone used (example: "iPhone 11, iOS 13.4.1" or "Samsung S8, Android 9.1")
  • Current Skydio App Version (Info tab > Scroll to bottom > About > App Version)
  • Current Skydio Vehicle Software (Info tab > Devices > Select your Skydio drone, look for Current Version)
  • A short video of the charging battery's behavior

Once we have the details above, we'll contact you with the next steps. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thanks again, take care and stay safe.
Be sure to read the important materials linked below.

Reactions: Ridefreak
Got a hold of Skydio support and this is what they said:

Thanks for contacting us and sorry to hear about the battery charging issue you seem to be having. We were unexpectedly disconnected earlier, but I wanted to ensure you were provided with the related troubleshooting. That said, please review the details below

1. The first thing to try is to reset the battery by pressing and holding the button on the battery for 10 seconds. You can do this while it's attached to the drone, and while using the power adaptor to charge the battery through the drone.
    • After that step, allow the battery to charge for one hour and take note of any LED activity. Then give the drone and battery a quick test to see if the issue still occurs. If so, please continue to the next steps.
  2. Follow these instructions to perform a "hard reset" of your Skydio drone:
    1. Attach your Skydio drone to a fully charged battery.
    2. Power up your Skydio drone by pressing and holding the battery button for 3 seconds:
      • Ensure that the Skydio drone is fully powered on by observing the following:
        • After a brief pause, the gimbal should "snap" into place.
        • The LED lights on the drone "wings" will be solid blue.
    3. Power the drone off by pressing and holding the battery button until the LED lights turn off.
    4. Repeat this "on/off" process six consecutive times.
    5. Power on the drone for the 7th time and wait until the lights are again solid blue.
    6. Open the Skydio App and verify that there are no devices connected.
    7. Re-pair your Skydio drone to your Controller and/or Beacon (as needed).
    8. Give the drone and battery a quick test to see if the issue is still occurring.

If the above steps don't appear to fix the issue you're experiencing, just reply here with:
  • The serial number of your affected battery (the serial number is located on the back of the battery in small print next to the QR code)
  • Make, model, & operating system of phone used (example: "iPhone 11, iOS 13.4.1" or "Samsung S8, Android 9.1")
  • Current Skydio App Version (Info tab > Scroll to bottom > About > App Version)
  • Current Skydio Vehicle Software (Info tab > Devices > Select your Skydio drone, look for Current Version)
  • A short video of the charging battery's behavior

Once we have the details above, we'll contact you with the next steps. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thanks again, take care and stay safe.
Be sure to read the important materials linked below.
Battery serial #Q52-A-21-3-R-002786
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 ULtra Android
Skydio App version; 24.10.48
Skydio Vehicle Software: 24.17.4

I'm having the same issues as Paulhart22. here are the details as requested for review:

Battery serial #Q52-A-21-3-R-002786
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 ULtra Android
Skydio App version; 24.10.48
Skydio Vehicle Software: 24.17.4

Please note: Every video file I try to upload says is too big.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayrrr