Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 crash (yeah!)

What if they used a hard plastic inner core[ATTACH type="full" alt="Untitled.png" said:
50[/ATTACH] to give it weight and built most of it out of flex plastic? That's the answer. I would put money on it.

Plastic doesn't make a good heat sink and flexible plastic might not hold the OA cameras precisely enough.

Reactions: Ridefreak
Forewarned is forearmed I guess. Thanks to Stefan for sharing. I guess a lot of the other guys whose drones wouldn't fly after their crashes will be out of luck. I fly several drones. I crash all of them. My Mavic pro has taken four tumbles. The highest was from 25 feet onto a mowed lawn under a tree. I have seen it land successfully on half a propeller. I had to fix the gimbal with my fingers once (and it still works well). The camera has actually improved after the crashes. So far it has proven very tough. My f11 needed an arm glued after a much lower fall. I have a cheap plastic Heron toy drone. The Heron I believe is the answer that Skydio needs. It is made out of a flexible light weight plastic. It is light weight. It has built in prop guards. One day I had it in the back of my truck and some cans of pop got on top of it. It was deformed for a few days but eventually popped back into shape. Because of this, I have crashed it from 20 feet onto concrete with absolutely no ill effects. I believe it could fall from any height. The downside is that there must be 0 wind to fly it. Or, it is like a kite. What if they used a hard plastic inner coreView attachment 50 to give it weight and built most of it out of flex plastic? That's the answer. I would put money on it.
Well, the funny thing is that Skydio's previous drone, the R1, had prop guards. Now, though, it seems like the software depart is co confident in their AI-based obstacle avoidance that the hardware department felt like they didn't need prop guards anymore. Hmm.

Sigh, I really hope this company doesn't become a customer service nightmare. The signs are starting to appear on the wall. The answer I received from support yesterday sounded an awful lot like several I've received in the past from DJI. Only difference is I didn't have to wait a week for DJI to give me the vague answer and direct me to one of their moron proof videos... Fortunately, I still love this drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup