Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 Lost - I guess RIP

Howie121218

Reaction score
Very sad to tell the story that my skydio 2 is lost.
I was flying at a private ranch property. It went 2000ft away without blinking and when I tried to manually remote it back using controller (I always use controller, habit from DJI inspire 1), I lost the wifi connection and it tried to reconnected but it lost again and never got it the connection back, I waited and watched the sky anxiously for 15-20 mins over, I didn't see anything and hear any buzz around, it's gone somewhere and didn't RTH at all.

So I used find my skydio 2 in the app, and find the last GPS location, see attached picture (the blue arrow is the last signal received I guess, and the home point set on the same map) I went the blue arrow location again, searched about half hour, didn't find anything.

I have contacted Skydio and loaded my flight log and anything they asked. I had it about 4 months. I will follow up here when I hear anything from Skydio team.

Thanks for reading

Skydio 2 last signal.jpg

Ack that sucks. I've pretty much decided that 400-600ft is my safety net with Skydio, especially when flying with the controller as you can be carrying a lot of speed and it'll go out of range, disconnect, try to return and get stuck somewhere.

I had this happen flying from mountain top this spring chasing some friends on a snowmobile. I managed fly around part of the hill below me that blocked my signal, I was moving pretty fast keeping up with the snowmobile, not really anticipating I'd get blocked by the hill below.. Skydio disconnected and nothing. I waited anxiously for five minutes or so and figured it must have tried to return but got stuck. I ran uphill, grabbed my snowboard, and headed down hill to about the last scene location with controller in hand. Lucky it picked up signal and once I stopped I could hear it. Found it trapped in a group of pine trees loosing it's mind. Now I'm really aware of 'tree traps', elevation changes, and blocks. Unfortunately range just really sucks on the Skydio.

Reactions: VEGASROBBI
Yes my thought also. The S2 is a lot of things, but it’s not a long range drone. Hence the question was it flown 2,000 feet away deliberately or uncommanded. I don’t buy the marketing, I keep my S2 in tight.

I was flying at a private ranch property. It went 2000ft away without blinking and when I tried to manually remote it back using controller (I always use controller, habit from DJI inspire 1), I lost the wifi connection and it tried to reconnected but it lost again and never got it the connection back, I waited and watched the sky anxiously for 15-20 mins over, I didn't see anything and hear any buzz around, it's gone somewhere and didn't RTH at all.

So I used find my skydio 2 in the app, and find the last GPS location, see attached picture (the blue arrow is the last signal received I guess, and the home point set on the same map) I went the blue arrow location again, searched about half hour, didn't find anything.

I have contacted Skydio and loaded my flight log and anything they asked. I had it about 4 months. I will follow up here when I hear anything from Skydio team.

Thanks for reading

View attachment 394
They may replace it. If it's a true RTH failure, you'll get it back, maybe.

Thanks for reading

View attachment 394
When I've lost mine and had to use the "Find my SkyDio", the app looked nothing like that, it was blank as far as terrain goes and I had cell coverage, all it showed was a white screen and 2 icons. One was the app location, the other was the drone's last shared GPS fix. That looks like the App's screen where you tell it to fly to a location using the google data from the phone. Was that screen cap from the find the drone function in the app?

Thanks for reading

View attachment 394
I also was unable to find mine, coordinates from the log led me 100 feet away from the apps map view and on the opposite side of the trail, yes, it found it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup