Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2+ went for a swim

If you've torched a few of these drones, it doesn't sound like you should be a spokesman for these units. I had mine since the first batch, and never wrecked or had a single issue, until a firmware upgrade that seems to have caused others to experience erratic behavior.
Yeah righto man - Featured Flyer, Red Bull Illume 2x semi-finalist - 200+ hours of flight time - I definitely don't know what I'm talking about...

Flying in higher winds than rated, regularly coating the drone in sea spray, glassy clear water - eventually something will go wrong and it did and has - I accept that risk every time I fly over the ocean and you don't hear me complaining

I've given them a lot of flight data over the years and pushing limitations that could actively kill their drone isn't something most punters do
You ask to what end, and it's simple--to warn others about these issues. Perhaps prevent someone from wasting $3k to get terrible customer service.
Terrible is anecdotal at best - tall poppy syndrome - of the 1868 members on this forum what percentage of the population of Skydio users is that?
If Skydio could fix the current firmware and crap logic they've programmed in, improve customer support, and most importantly, the shitty range, then this would be the GOAT. Even with sub-optimal optics and portability, I'd take it with me over my other 4 drones in a heartbeat.
Like Ridefreak said hit them up on the Discord
I'm no shill for DJI. That's why I threw so much money after Skydio, supporting the s2 from day one.
Plus the 4 other drones you own...

I was a day one pre-order too - there is no other product on the market now even after 3 years that can do what this drone can for solo sports

I literally only have a Skydio

Terrible is anecdotal at best - tall poppy syndrome - of the 1868 members on this forum what percentage of the population of Skydio users is that?
In the beginning their support was amazing. They'd take a look at the flight recording and almost always send out a replacement. This was to help them generate positive PR. Now that level of service is not feasible so they had to dial it back.

Most people have not experienced a tragic total loss situation due to the firmware, and only had scares, so they won't be able to comment on recent support experiences. Until this point I was EXTREMELY happy with support, despite the major drawbacks of the wifi-based communication and false advertising related to that.

My recent interaction with them caught me off-guard, much like when their drone just flew away without any perceivable logic. Based on more and more of these posts popping up, you almost need a babysitter drone to follow the Skydio around just in case.

I agree with some of the recent posters complaining that the S2 doesn't return to the launch point. I think Skydio should enable that option.

However, we know the limitations of the S2 (it doesn't RTH under these circumstances) and the beacon (it's not waterproof). Every drone I've owned has limitations and scenarios where it will likely have issues. Some perform poorly in wind, others have no OA or severe OA blindspots, some have challenges acquiring GPS, etc. In this case, I don't think Skydio should be blamed for a crash that could have been prevented by following their guidance to keep the beacon dry.

I agree with some of the recent posters complaining that the S2 doesn't return to the launch point. I think Skydio should enable that option.

However, we know the limitations of the S2 (it doesn't RTH under these circumstances) and the beacon (it's not waterproof). Every drone I've owned has limitations and scenarios where it will likely have issues. Some perform poorly in wind, others have no OA or severe OA blindspots, some have challenges acquiring GPS, etc. In this case, I don't think Skydio should be blamed for a crash that could have been prevented by following their guidance to keep the beacon dry.

These would be fair points (minus the waterproof beacon,) if Skydio made these flaws abundantly clear. The average user, and even those who belong to this forum would not know that these behaviors exist. ANYONE that owns a drone would assume it would properly RTH.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spad