Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

The Skydio 2 Does Avoid Obstacles When Force Lands

I'll lay odds that the better range is in their immediate plans but I doubt they're going to play with their camera or OA.
Getting more flight modes and the ability to lock on to a stationary object would only involve firmware changes so that may even come earlier (i.e. within the S2 itself).
Many commercial uses don't involve range problems and with a aerial camera that's getting very good reviews from the professional reviewers I'm betting "even" the currently configured S2 will become the drone of choice for real estate agents and work site inspectors that can't or aren't able to become good pilots.

There are guys trying to use the Skydio 2 for real estate with mixed results. Point of interest would be a welcome addition for that kind of work for sure.

View attachment 62Can

Have you seen this new Moto Razor state of the art.

One advantage the S2 has is being based on the Anafi controller there’s lots of range extenders and technology out there ...

I am not sure how having to hack a pitiful Anafi controller to come even close to the advertised range is much of an advantage!

I don't have much experience with Anafi and long range, most I go is 1/2 mile out. I know guys have hacked Anafi controllers with long range antenna's but it's really a basic controller with minimum functionality. Works for me as long as it has 2 sticks to position my drone; however, more serious AP pilots will demand more. I would expect Skydio to offer a higher end controller like DJI does for guys that want more. I think a lot will depend on what the market demands, if SD wants to get into the established AP market, not just offer a "Sport Drone" they will need to step things up.

SD has game changing OA which is huge, now the easy part. Add orbit, waypoints, upscale controller and other features the market demands. It will be interesting to see what direction SD goes; but I can see why some "traditional" drone operators will require these basic functions or go elsewhere. I think guys like me are the exception, SD will not become a market force without making this more than a Follow drone. Inspectors, real estate, SAR..... want the OA but don't want to sacrifice the range and other features they have become accustomed too.

Reactions: parkgt
Could be but I don't think real estate agents and building inspectors are worried about range.

Adding orbiting and waypoints would make 98.44% of those kind of pilots very happy.

Could be but I don't think real estate agents and building inspectors are worried about range.

Adding orbiting and waypoints would make 98.44% of those kind of pilots very happy.

Yep! I'm wondering what, if any, flight modes are added by using Drone Deploy? On their site, they mention panoramas and 90% up and down camera... They don't mention point of interest or cable cam though.

Quick, they have a 14 day Free Trial, someone go try it and let us know.

Yep! I'm wondering what, if any, flight modes are added by using Drone Deploy? On their site, they mention panoramas and 90% up and down camera... They don't mention point of interest or cable cam though.

Quick, they have a 14 day Free Trial, someone go try it and let us know.
Their site mentions that Drone Deploy only works with a near infrared (NIR) cameras.... so that rules out the Skydio 2.

Probably makes more sense anyway to let Skydio themselves add basic flight modes suited to real estate and building inspection jobs.

Not that impressed with Drone Deploy prices either....

Their site mentions that Drone Deploy only works with a near infrared (NIR) cameras.... so that rules out the Skydio 2.

Probably makes more sense anyway to let Skydio themselves add basic flight modes suited to real estate and building inspection jobs.

Not that impressed with Drone Deploy prices either....

What, you don't want to pay $100/month to be able to program waypoints and do point of interest shots? Cheap skate! Hahahaha!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES