Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Who would need some end caps? I'm going to print out a bunch soon

singular.droid

Reaction score
Hi, pilots,

I'm on the last steps of 3d-printing out a series of end caps for Skydio 2 engines. These small parts are screwed to the rotor to keep propellers in place. Please ping me if you would like to recieve a set of 4 end caps for your testing. Would be nice if you put your country & city in your message so I could understand where and how many should go. Please note that on the picture below original end caps are pictured - for ease of understanding what it is. Please note that screws will not be included.

1638375778224.jpeg

Ok, here they are, delivered. My Santa was working hard to make it in time. First batch from plastic, magnesium and titanium are on their way and will be delivered Q1'22

Attachments

• 7A08CF70-6DE2-4C4A-A69C-C3BFA5C17356.JPG
    7A08CF70-6DE2-4C4A-A69C-C3BFA5C17356.JPG
    306 KB · Views: 20
  • 460EE5DD-A66D-4A07-8934-4C2F5DD7B543.JPG
    460EE5DD-A66D-4A07-8934-4C2F5DD7B543.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 12452268-0DBF-4162-B0D9-F2887B41CD01.JPG
    12452268-0DBF-4162-B0D9-F2887B41CD01.JPG
    655.5 KB · Views: 19
Do you still have these 3r printed? Skydio is trying to charge me 150 to send in to get recalibrated, then another 150 to fix that simple part. It wasn’t even a crash, my dog knocked it off table and it broke off. No other damage. Such bs.

Do you still have these 3r printed? Skydio is trying to charge me 150 to send in to get recalibrated, then another 150 to fix that simple part. It wasn’t even a crash, my dog knocked it off table and it broke off. No other damage. Such bs.
He hadn’t been on since Feb 11th but maybe he will get a alert and log on. 👍

Hi! So first of all, if re-calibration is required, then you definitely need to send your drone to the factory, as no other power in this world is capable of the re-calibration procedure. Once it is at the factory, it will be wise to use original parts and agree to the Skydio proposal (yes, they are greedy, yes it is far from fair, but it is the original part). My recommendation would be just to check with Skydio - if you unscrew damaged and un-damaged holders, would it be still 150 to put all 4 new in place? if they confirm, simply send them drone with end-caps unscrewed - this will give you some stock parts.

In my research, I've printed from several plastics and also titanium. Came to the conclusion that 3d print isn't the best one due to the smallest nuances on details and now working on fusion molding as well as aluminum CNC-ed equivalents. Later this year will be shipping from the eastern part of the world.

Reactions: dirkclod
I can't speak for the rest of the SD2 owners but the one time I broke a prop retainer I swapped it out and the drone flew fine, not much different then damaging a prop. I'm sure a bad enough crash can cause issues but it's not a given. I've got a RH and LH spare, I may try my hand at making some. I agree 3d isn't the ideal replacement for an injection molded part but there's been some success going this route.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup