Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Anyone in Europe selling their Skydio 2 / 2+ ?

AstroNoot

Reaction score
Hi! I recently had a crash with a Skydio 2 and after receiving the insurance money I'm looking to buy another one. I need it for a job.

If you happen to live in Europe and want to sell yours, please let me know!

I have Skydio 2+ Cinema Kit which I purchased in June 2022 in Canada. This drone has couple of test flies after I received and completed the setup / updated. Currently I live in Poland. Let me know if you are interested.

Hi! I recently had a crash with a Skydio 2 and after receiving the insurance money I'm looking to buy another one. I need it for a job.

If you happen to live in Europe and want to sell yours, please let me know!
AstroNoot,,

Can you share with us as to what transpired during your Flight & Crash ?

AstroNoot,,

Can you share with us as to what transpired during your Flight & Crash ?
This is the post i've made on a Facebook group:

Hi! I live in Europe and recently bought a Skydio 2 for its ability to do keyframes, which is super amazing for real estate footage and even photogrammetry.
On its 5th flight since I got it, the Skydio 2 crashed. I was demonstrating the way it flies, to my friend (completely manual , no keyframes or any tracking modes). He was taking pictures of it and all of a sudden, the gimbal freaked out and the drone disconnected from the remote controller. The front lights went strobing red, and the drone drifted into a nearby building. As a result, the flimsy gimbal broke (i still dont get why it's made out of plastic).
Here's the drone's last moments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3SzS0Vcx54
Skydio said the crash was due to insufficient GPS signal and poor visibility conditions. I can somehow understand that. The sun position was weird and I was flying near a glass storefront at the bottom of a large building. However they said the drone disconnected from the remote because of interference (even if it was 2 meters away from me). I call bs. Another thing is that the support rep said the drone tried doing a blind landing. But it didn't do that. It drifted to the right. It didnt descend at all.
They gave me a repair estimate which was more than a new Skydio, when you add shipping to and back from the US.
My luck was that I was insured, and I can afford another Skydio with that money. If you were me, would you buy another one? Or would you renounce the Skydio and get something else? (I already have an Autel Evo 2) Are there any cases like mine out there?

This is the post i've made on a Facebook group:

Hi! I live in Europe and recently bought a Skydio 2 for its ability to do keyframes, which is super amazing for real estate footage and even photogrammetry.
On its 5th flight since I got it, the Skydio 2 crashed. I was demonstrating the way it flies, to my friend (completely manual , no keyframes or any tracking modes). He was taking pictures of it and all of a sudden, the gimbal freaked out and the drone disconnected from the remote controller. The front lights went strobing red, and the drone drifted into a nearby building. As a result, the flimsy gimbal broke (i still dont get why it's made out of plastic).
Here's the drone's last moments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3SzS0Vcx54
Skydio said the crash was due to insufficient GPS signal and poor visibility conditions. I can somehow understand that. The sun position was weird and I was flying near a glass storefront at the bottom of a large building. However they said the drone disconnected from the remote because of interference (even if it was 2 meters away from me). I call bs. Another thing is that the support rep said the drone tried doing a blind landing. But it didn't do that. It drifted to the right. It didnt descend at all.
They gave me a repair estimate which was more than a new Skydio, when you add shipping to and back from the US.
My luck was that I was insured, and I can afford another Skydio with that money. If you were me, would you buy another one? Or would you renounce the Skydio and get something else? (I already have an Autel Evo 2) Are there any cases like mine out there?
Thanks for sharing, that certainly was a strange thing to happen, but then again, we get a few stories here on the strange behaviors of our beloved Skydio Drones, ( I have not experienced that kind of behavior ).

As far as replacing the S2+ with same, I would do buy another if it were me.
You're getting a new drone, what are the odds of that prior situation happening again, however there are some here who would beg to differ. Insure your drone again and keep flying the S2+ if you are happy.

I have Skydio 2+ Cinema Kit which I purchased in June 2022 in Canada. This drone has couple of test flies after I received and completed the setup / updated. Currently I live in Poland. Let me know if you are interested.

Hello, did you sell it or it is still available?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup