Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Anyone using manual camera settings?

Jafemu

Reaction score
Most of the videos I’ve seen posted on the internet seem to be shot in 4K 60 or 30, HDR auto settings. I assume automatic settings are necessary when tracking something and switching sides, etc. where lighting conditions change. But I was wondering if anyone had experimented or tested with manual settings and nonHDR video on some controlled cinematic shots? Some claim that HDR degrades the detail somewhat, and I tried a few manual clips and it was hard for me to tell , and the shutter speed and other settings are limited. Any experiences or thoughts about shooting in manual or non HDR?

When I've attempted to adjust the camera manually I was looking at the phone screen in sunlight. To me it was difficult to get an accurate read of the adjustment's effect in those conditions. The phone sucks in direct sunlight and I didn't trust myself to do a better job then the auto settings using a phone screen. So far I've not been disappointed, it's better video then my hero 8 black takes.

Reactions: Jafemu
Most of the videos I’ve seen posted on the internet seem to be shot in 4K 60 or 30, HDR auto settings. I assume automatic settings are necessary when tracking something and switching sides, etc. where lighting conditions change. But I was wondering if anyone had experimented or tested with manual settings and nonHDR video on some controlled cinematic shots? Some claim that HDR degrades the detail somewhat, and I tried a few manual clips and it was hard for me to tell , and the shutter speed and other settings are limited. Any experiences or thoughts about shooting in manual or non HDR?
Even if you can and do find the correct settings for a brief part of your aerial video, locking in settings will have the opposite effect on other parts of your video.

Manual settings for me make the most sense when you're taking stills and can experiment with settings to get the "perfect" snapshot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup