Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Arrrrgh! Audio is such a pain...

sharkytowers

Reaction score
The audio is really an issue. I can not for the life of me get the phone and drone to sync and get my **** audio from my last flight. It is extremely frustrating. has anyone found a workaround to directly access the audio files on the phone?

Every time you land after flight, BEFORE you turn off the drone, go into Media and sync the flight. This will download the audio. Been working for me 100%. This takes a bit of getting used to, I still forget sometimes. If you are using beacon, turn off the beacon, connect to drone Wifi, then sync media.

Reactions: Ridefreak
The audio is really an issue. I can not for the life of me get the phone and drone to sync and get my **** audio from my last flight. It is extremely frustrating. has anyone found a workaround to directly access the audio files on the phone?
Out of curiosity are you on Android? I've had the SD2 for a few weeks now and been unable to preview video or sync audio. Tried multiple Android devices, no dice. Tried syncing immediately after flight. No reply from Skyido support yet.

I'm on Android 11. Samsung S20 UW 5G. Are you waiting for thumbnails to appear in Media when you sync? How many files do you have on your SD card? Updated with latest app/firmware on Skydio? I had lots of problems with it to be reliable until I got in the rhythm of doing the sync and always starting with a freshly formatted card before each flight. Skydio files can be huge if your using auto record so I'd bet it struggles to sync when you have some 64G+ on your card. I'm making an assumption here but that's what's been working for me.

I'm on Android 11. Samsung S20 UW 5G. Are you waiting for thumbnails to appear in Media when you sync? How many files do you have on your SD card? Updated with latest app/firmware on Skydio? I had lots of problems with it to be reliable until I got in the rhythm of doing the sync and always starting with a freshly formatted card before each flight. Skydio files can be huge if your using auto record so I'd bet it struggles to sync when you have some 64G+ on your card. I'm making an assumption here but that's what's been working for me.
Android 11 here as well, Pixel 5. Latest versions of everything.

I get the thumbnails, but clicking them brings me to a message that says "Photo/Video Not Downloaded. Connect to your Skydio 2". Doesn't matter how long I wait, or whether I sync immediately after flight before shutting it off. I delete the files off the card after every flight but don't *format* the card. I will try that and report back.

It's unfortunate the that the app is such a hot mess, because my primary application is recording myself mountain biking, where I'd really prefer to just do everything with the beacon and leave my phone in the bag. :cautious:

Ok in my case I can confirm that flying with a freshly formatted card fixed both my video preview / clip creation *and* I got audio as well. Thanks for the tip. Skydio support still hasn't replied to me, I'm curious if they give the same advice or (better yet) acknowledge there are some legit issues that they're going to fix. :rolleyes:

Apparently I'm not understanding the sync steps. I view the video on the phone while still connected to the drone. After all the calibrating etc. No audio in video.

Reactions: sshogg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES