Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Battery Life

Cicada

Reaction score
In non freezing conditions, what times to what % is everyone seeing?

I've never flown longer than 15 minutes. Not because it can't, but I was always sure to play it safe. The instructions say that Skydio 2 will display a warning to the operator when it has 2 minutes of flight time left. It will perform an emergency landing at its current location once its battery reaches 1%. I'm wondering if it will land safely (avoiding objects) during this 1% time. Has anyone tried it?

nope, it comes straight down when it hits that point. I tested that "feature"

Reactions: JEarl
I'm getting 20 minutes on average in below freezing up in Nebraska.

I’m getting 18ish minutes to 10% and the meter turns red. Not exactly sure how RTH is going to behave. I’m playing it conservative for now. Hopefully they have a high capacity battery in the works. Maybe graphene.

Warming the batteries in cold weather helps flight time.

I’m getting 18ish minutes to 10% and the meter turns red. Not exactly sure how RTH is going to behave. I’m playing it conservative for now. Hopefully they have a high capacity battery in the works. Maybe graphene.
Apart from just not flying when its too windy I'd be surprised if any current battery technology improves flight times very much.

The amount of power needed to run the OA and AI in the S2 is only going to grow more and more as new features come on board.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup