Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Be aware that Skydio does not repair and send back the drone you send in.

SkyDeezNuts

Reaction score
I was told to send in the drone and it would be evaluated, repaired and sent back .After receiving a different drone back from them I contacted Skydio and was informed they no longer try to repair the drone you send in. Instead you will receive a refurbished drone.

Attachments

• 26C3EABB-2907-4091-8C26-EE1A2D7DA5EA.png
    26C3EABB-2907-4091-8C26-EE1A2D7DA5EA.png
    171 KB · Views: 16
Wait, didn't you just have a broken hook? What is that like 4 screws. Seems like they are really hurting for techs or have moved on and don't care anymore.

Thanks for the reply. That is correct one broken hook plate and no other visible damage. They said the gimbal needed to be replaced also. That surprised me because it didn’t have a mark on it and fell maybe 10-12 feet onto soft ground. I believe the hook plate broke when the prop hit the branch. They did mention lack of man power in one of the emails.

It was explained to me if a hook plate breaks there is most likely collateral damage. The drone is run through a similar verification test to a new S2.

In my case they found several sensors damaged or out of range. I got back a replacement drone in less than 2 weeks for under $300.

I have had similar experiences with DJI and Parrot, getting an exchange drone back; seems to be the fastest way to get your drone back.

Thanks, I guess it just depends on the way it hits the ground on the gimbal damage. I’ve seen crashes that appeared way worse with no damage. I guess I’m just lucky . 🤣I understand getting an exchange drone back is faster . It would be nice if they let you know. about it upfront though.

Thanks, I guess it just depends on the way it hits the ground on the gimbal damage. I’ve seen crashes that appeared way worse with no damage. I guess I’m just lucky . 🤣I understand getting an exchange drone back is faster . It would be nice if they let you know. about it upfront though.
That really sucks. Yours was in pristine condition and now the unit you received is obviously well used. I for one treat my brand new stuff with the utmost care, you know pride of ownership. Regardless of the 100% working condition it still disheartening.

That really sucks. Yours was in pristine condition and now the unit you received is obviously well used. I for one treat my brand new stuff with the utmost care, you know pride of ownership. Regardless of the 100% working condition it still disheartening.
Thanks for the reply. That’s exactly how I feel. It’s like buying a brand new motorcycle and dropping it on its side after owning it less than a month . So you take it back to the dealership you bought it at and agree to pay for them to replace the bent handlebars and broken mirror. Then you go to pick it up and find out they parted your brand new bike out and they give you a used one with some new parts on it.

Now we gotta worry if there will be any parts available for the S2 in the future.
Thanks for the reply. That’s exactly how I feel. It’s like buying a brand new motorcycle and dropping it on its side after owning it less than a month . So you take it back to the dealership you bought it at and agree to pay for them to replace the bent handlebars and broken mirror. Then you go to pick it up and find out they parted your brand new bike out and they give you a used one with some new parts on it.
I wonder how parts availability for the S2 will be a year from now?

Good question. Hopefully if they discontinue production of S2 parts they will offer a reasonable upgrade to S2+ for S2 owners. I think I remember reading somewhere the question about upgrading an S2 to the + and they said not at this time. I believe the batteries and controller are interchangeable but the beacon isn’t.

Yeah I've had two 'repaired' now, both were refurb replacements. My last one didn't have any physical damage at all. Just throwing errors after a crash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup