Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Beacon Handlebar Mount

? cool - How do you find the S2+Beacon on your bike? Can you fly/take-off while sitting on the Moto or does it throw a compass-mag-Cal like that other brand? atm (with the other brand) I have to stop my moto, dismount, then walk 12m~15m away do the 360° mag-dance, then hover it there, get back onto my moto and finally ride off...

Reactions: GermanDood
? cool - How do you find the S2+Beacon on your bike? Can you fly/take-off while sitting on the Moto or does it throw a compass-mag-Cal like that other brand? atm (with the other brand) I have to stop my moto, dismount, then walk 12m~15m away do the 360° mag-dance, then hover it there, get back onto my moto and finally ride off...
I am not sure. I haven't tried taking off while sitting on the motorcycle. But it did follow me pretty well. Here's the video

Reactions: Hyena1
thanks for the link - Wow S2 did a good job of avoiding those powerlines! How is it with bike speeds and height - I see you went nice and far out front but did not try front track further away or riding under tree canopy and out the other side at max height. or maybe in another video?

thanks for the link - Wow S2 did a good job of avoiding those powerlines! How is it with bike speeds and height - I see you went nice and far out front but did not try front track further away or riding under tree canopy and out the other side at max height. or maybe in another video?
That was my very first ride and I was stupid. I should not have picked that route. Too many power lines and other obstacles the Skydio isn't great at. Going forward I will definitely watch out and pick my routes more careful. Definitely do not recommend it. But great knowing that it can in fact avoid all of that. There is this video. But next video I will try more in front and side.

cool - subbed to see then next one dood - some really nice light in the fall - looks like 40~50kph? I guess having it out front will make it easy to see and save looking around behind you? really curious how well that goes?

the ram phone mount is not good for rugged riding. I have it for my mountain bike and it's dropped my phones on multiple occasions. if you're riding on a smooth street, then it's fine. I've since moved on to another mount.

Here's another product for the mounting the Beacon on handlebars: Handlebar mount for Skydio 2 Beacon – Dirty J Designs

I have ordered and will post an update once I try it out.
I have the Dirty J it's awesome! I been riding with my dirtbike, mountain bike, and my snowmobile this winter and it's been flawless. Little hard to get the beacon in when it's cold but I haven't had a single issue. I think it tracks better then when I put it in my pocket too, but that may just be placebo.

20210107_132741_SM.jpg

This is the most clever option I've seen. I took some Delrin and carved two triangle slivers to go on either side and made the Quad Lock base a little bigger for more stability, and less potential for snagging.

I suspect I could put the same quad lock mount on my mountain bike for a similar result.

Attachments

• PXL_20210723_184558420.jpg
    PXL_20210723_184558420.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 24
  • PXL_20210723_184746413.jpg
    PXL_20210723_184746413.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20210723_185139467.jpg
    PXL_20210723_185139467.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 24

Members online

No members online now.