Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Beacon issue

Tomzak

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced beacon issues during startup - I got my sd2 just few days ago. The first flight with beacon was fine but it did took long time to load gps data almost too long. Yesterday it took over 4 minutes to load all the data and then the drone power off? (This was done on a full battery) by the time I got it going the battery was at 89%? I restarted again and this time took only 3 min to load got the drone up in the air and it was all over going up and down sideways etc. landed safely. Any ideas? Or I should contact Skydio help line?

Just a suggestion, if you open the app and connect it to the the beacon's WiFi after the beacon is connected to the Skydio the GPS data will load allot quicker, 20-30 seconds under open sky. It's a good idea to have the app open and connected to the beacon when your flying with the beacon. I stick my cell in my pocket right after I connect to the beacon. With the app connected you will have the "Find my drone" capability, without the app connected your on your own if it ever goes down.

Has anyone experienced beacon issues during startup - I got my sd2 just few days ago. The first flight with beacon was fine but it did took long time to load gps data almost too long. Yesterday it took over 4 minutes to load all the data and then the drone power off? (This was done on a full battery) by the time I got it going the battery was at 89%? I restarted again and this time took only 3 min to load got the drone up in the air and it was all over going up and down sideways etc. landed safely. Any ideas? Or I should contact Skydio help line?
To get fast GPS on the beacon connect phone when you start. (especially new location)
The drone has auto shut down when not in use so that's not unusual.
Try that.

Reactions: Tomzak
Just a suggestion, if you open the app and connect it to the the beacon's WiFi after the beacon is connected to the Skydio the GPS data will load allot quicker, 20-30 seconds under open sky. It's a good idea to have the app open and connected to the beacon when your flying with the beacon. I stick my cell in my pocket right after I connect to the beacon. With the app connected you will have the "Find my drone" capability, without the app connected your on your own if it ever goes down.
I believe you will get that even if you connect the phone to the beacon after, it will just get the info from the beacon.

Reactions: Tomzak
Thanks for your input I will try that today

I believe you will get that even if you connect the phone to the beacon after, it will just get the info from the beacon.
I wasn't aware location info is stored in the beacon for recovery, the couple times when I've needed that capability I might not have found the drone without it. Right now my steps from unpacking through connection, launch and recovery is down to a smooth operation, minimal battery use getting it in the air and ready to go and best of all no drama, it's pretty quick. I sometimes have a couple min of battery to do a skill at the end of a flight, the app is nice for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES