Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Beacon lost pairing to S2

FirstAscent

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’ve flown with my S2 only a few times with the beacon and overall it’s been pretty great!

however, last week I took it out for a little snowboarding test, hiked up a mountain, got the drone out, and when I turned the beacon on it acted like it had never been paired before and just said “connect to vehicle”. I was pretty bummed to not get to use it.

my phone still had both the Skydio and Beacon WiFi saved but I didn’t bring any cables with me so didn’t get to use the beacon. Luckily I could still use the app for visual tracking and was still able to get some video, but it did eventually lose me.

has this happened to anyone else?

the last time I flew it prior to this I did connect the controller for the first time to get some specific landscape shots. But that shouldn’t cause the beacon to reset right? It was quite odd.

I turned on mine the other day and it made me go through the WiFi paring again (app to drone), I had to go online and get a code from SD and enter the wifi paring data. Wierd, had that happen about 6 mos ago also. It's almost like they pushed an update that erased all the stored paring data but I didn't notice it updating. I'm going to connect the beacon to the drone today to make sure I don't have the same issue.

I would assume the beacon may have noticed a discrepancy in softwere versions and needed an update. I haven't used my beacon yet this year. I'll have to see what happens when I turn it on.

A few weeks ago, I had a weird glitch when I connected to my controller and the app force started in learn mode as if it was the first time using the app. After landing and a power cycle everything worked fine.

Honestly this device feels more and more like the old windows way. Push it out sell it high and get the users to beta test things. Ive had my S2 since January and every single flight has had connection drama of some sort. SteveCJr comment on firmware discrepancies makes a lot of sense in hindsight. There is so little documentation, user base data or corporate info on this device that we are all banging away trying to make it do its magic on Que! Welcome to the future!

Honestly this device feels more and more like the old windows way. Push it out sell it high and get the users to beta test things. Ive had my S2 since January and every single flight has had connection drama of some sort. SteveCJr comment on firmware discrepancies makes a lot of sense in hindsight. There is so little documentation, user base data or corporate info on this device that we are all banging away trying to make it do its magic on Que! Welcome to the future!
If you've ever been in the loop of designing something complex you'd appreciate how almost impossible it is to get end users and engineers onto the same page.

Expect that engineers can NEVER anticipate everything and just do what you can to handle the unexpected.....

If you've ever been in the loop of designing something complex you'd appreciate how almost impossible it is to get end users and engineers onto the same page.

Expect that engineers can NEVER anticipate everything and just do what you can to handle the unexpected.....
As a matter of fact I know exactly what you mean here! Spent my career days doing in field r and d in the oil and gas sector. Software Engineer’s and Hardware Engineer’s hardly ever got the needs of us in field engineers who had to put these tools to use real time. Was fun heady days!

Actually, based on a lot of the support problems I've been reading about on this site, it sounds a lot more like Apple, push it out, sell it high, then abandon the users and tell them to buy a new one.

Reactions: frankbonatelli

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup