Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Beacon/phone.........

CrashMan

Reaction score
So got more testing today and solely planned on using the beacon. At first I tried to use the beacon only--but after 3 minutes waiting for it to connect/ready to fly I went and linked the phone into the mix. Once the drone was launched I closed the app...

So one time I had a heck of a time getting the drone to see me. I ended up having to use my phone to say "HERE I AM" lol then closes app... So once that was going I did find a few things.. The first once it sees me--its not for long and goes into gps and out of 3 batteries maybe 2 times it would go back to seeing me vs gps... I was impressed with how well the drone followed me this time with one excepting--- many times I was not in the frame but I could tell it was following by how it reacted to my movements..

I really wish they gave the option to view the camera with the phone with no other interaction. I did get nervous a few times when I could not see the drone--and hearing it in my rig is out of the question but I could tell it was "still" there by the beacon still in follow mode. I had one tree strike that took it down and saw the beacon reaction. Luckily I roughly knew where it was and able to find it easily--gotta practice with the app with locating it. I had "better" operation today but still not fully impressed and working on more video...

That's kind of my MO also. I power up the beacon and the app until it acquires GPS then I turn off the app, this has led to pretty good results beacon only.

I did purchase the new S2+ beacon and downloaded the new app I'm hoping this will allow me to use my phone and becon together again.

That's kind of my MO also. I power up the beacon and the app until it acquires GPS then I turn off the app, this has led to pretty good results beacon only.

I did purchase the new S2+ beacon and downloaded the new app I'm hoping this will allow me to use my phone and becon together again.
S+ beacon with the S drone?

I have the original beacon, apparently the S2+ beacon is improved offering more range and stable connection. It's backwards compatible with the S2.

I have the original beacon, apparently the S2+ beacon is improved offering more range and stable connection. It's backwards compatible with the S2.
I happily await your outcome ;)

So is there an AI to these things? Tried it again today and by far it was the best so far. It actually had me in eye contact(Per the beacon) many times and actually made eye contact numerous times after going to gps...

Many of us have seen improvement over time indicating AI or at least learned adaptives.

Reactions: CrashMan
I happily await your outcome ;)

So is there an AI to these things? Tried it again today and by far it was the best so far. It actually had me in eye contact(Per the beacon) many times and actually made eye contact numerous times after going to gps...
I've said that all along, all my experience indicates it gets better over time, seen it 3 times now. I don't know enough to have an idea why but it's got more processing power then almost any other consumer drone sold today. Building of reference tables over time or some type of self optimization isn't a far fetched concept for something that's sophisticated enough to have spatial awareness.

I've said that all along, all my experience indicates it gets better over time, seen it 3 times now. I don't know enough to have an idea why but it's got more processing power then almost any other consumer drone sold today. Building of reference tables over time or some type of self optimization isn't a far fetched concept for something that's sophisticated enough to have spatial awareness.
Still testing as much as I can and I gotta say I am having to agree..

I am going to assume on every update this data/info gets washed?

And one thing that has fully bugged me is when some products do not allow you to go back on firmware versions.

Still testing as much as I can and I gotta say I am having to agree..

I am going to assume on every update this data/info gets washed?

And one thing that has fully bugged me is when some products do not allow you to go back on firmware versions.
The only time I felt that it was erased was the big update before Keyframe updt that caused everyone the problems.

Reactions: CrashMan
So it is "working" but many times it still acts like a pissed off 7 year old redhead..

So one thing I have noticed when it does act up (Been running beacon only) and open the app I see "weak signal" on the phone. Kinda makes ya wonder if the firmware issue has to do with signal strength between the beacon and drone?

Not sure about signal strength but I feel there is an issue when the beacon is connected to the phone.

Not sure about signal strength but I feel there is an issue when the beacon is connected to the phone.
Are you able to fly without the phone at all? Last couple times I tired it was almost 5 minutes of trying to connect and gave up every time.

Takes a long time to sync the GPS with the beacon only; so I boot up with the beacon and phone, then turn off the phone.

I will have to try taking the phone 100% out of the loop next time to see how it does in a few different ways. First leaving the phone connected to the beacon but closing the app 100% and see how it does, then turning off wifi and see how it does. My only fear is since I cannot usually see/hear the drone is having it disappear/crashing and possibly not knowing where.. But I will see how it reacts.

So I tried just the beacon. Used the phone to until lift off and then turned it off. I found the results even worse.....

Still waiting to hear how the 2+ beacon works with the 2...

So I tried just the beacon. Used the phone to until lift off and then turned it off. I found the results even worse.....

Still waiting to hear how the 2+ beacon works with the 2...
can you now connect you B+ with the S2 ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup