Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Beacon question

Lee

Reaction score
I used the Beacon a few days ago for the first time, the drone started and flew to about 25' high at which time I was practicing using the Beacon and it went well for first time using it. Today I went out to get more practice time on the Beacon and made two flights. Both times the Skydio took off and immediately flew up to 200', I used the point and drag mode to get it back down and fly and land with the Beacon. Is this normal and has any one else experienced this same scenario? From videos I've seen it seems to go up 25-30' and then hover. Why would it fly up so high today and not previously. Both days I was in the exact same area out in the country with no interference. Possibly I'm doing something wrong, any suggestions or answers would be greatly appreciated.

I used the Beacon a few days ago for the first time, the drone started and flew to about 25' high at which time I was practicing using the Beacon and it went well for first time using it. Today I went out to get more practice time on the Beacon and made two flights. Both times the Skydio took off and immediately flew up to 200', I used the point and drag mode to get it back down and fly and land with the Beacon. Is this normal and has any one else experienced this same scenario? From videos I've seen it seems to go up 25-30' and then hover. Why would it fly up so high today and not previously. Both days I was in the exact same area out in the country with no interference. Possibly I'm doing something wrong, any suggestions or answers would be greatly appreciated.
The norm is about 25 feet. The only thing I can think of is you entered 'dronie' mode by accident, in that case it goes to about 200' but should have returned on it's own.

It went to 200' and just hovered, did not return.

When I beacon took off I think it went 10 feet in the air and hovered. 200' is not normal.

Skydio responded to my e-mail within a few hours asking to upload my flight logs for a review. I just did that, hopefully will hear back tomorrow or Tuesday. Great response, will post when I hear back and what they find out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup