Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

BEYOND frustrated...

CrashMan

Reaction score
I just got it back from being fixed, first time out, less than a minute. Was hovering while I got into my rig when it went down...

Attachments

• 20230414_091441.jpg
    20230414_091441.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 5
Sorry to hear that, how did the hook plate break?

Have you considered changing your username for better luck?
Tree strike--went down.... So far I can only find one guy printing replacement hook plates and looks like he is in alaska..

TBH I'd be nervous replacing a metal part with a 3D printed plastic part.

When I broke a hook plate a year ago Skydio was going to sell me one. The rep wanted to know if I had inch pound torque wrench, I told him I did. He said he had to clear it with his boss.

"John" called me back and said he couldn't sell it too me. He said they needed to check the motor, balance, vibration... and run it on the calibration machine or it may affect the sensors.

I used to replace the plates on my DJI and other drones without issue. How much is hot air and how much is true I don't know, but I wish there was a precision metal one out there.

From what I see the prop is centered by the motor shaft (which could get bent), and the hook plate holds the prop down.

It's been a while but I remember DJI had some defective hook plates on the Inspire which caused some crashes and unnecessary vibrations.

It sucks but I sent mine in.

The hook plate is plastic though...
Know anyone with a 3D printer that can print with something stronger then PLA? I can send you the 3D files for both directions of hook plates but they need to be printed with a strong filament.

Know anyone with a 3D printer that can print with something stronger then PLA? I can send you the 3D files for both directions of hook plates but they need to be printed with a strong filament.
I don't "yet" but this is what I have found so far and a few have said it holds up.

I don't "yet" but this is what I have found so far and a few have said it holds up.

That cost them about 5cents to make, if you know someone who prints with PETG it takes about 15min to print two of them out. Might be worth asking around.

Yeah the price seems too steep for it. I need a hook plate also, but $50 got me tempted enough to put that towards the cost of my own 3D printer and going down that whole rabbit hole. My hook plate still works but it has a little chip in it that I don't really like flying with. Note: My hook plate is missing a tiny piece of it and the drone flies just fine. Skydio are just being chumps by not selling us the parts directly. Spending $150 just for a calibration is thievery.

Reactions: Ridefreak
So far its working good and ya--$50 is too much IMO but I was in a pinch... Anybody have the file in case I locate a buddy with a printer?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AirSpur98