Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Camera failure

SteveCJr

Reaction score
20201012_022714.jpg
Has anyone experienced this error? It has been happening mid flight. Haven't yet narrowed down on any triggers, but I think it might have something to do with high wind. I've also noticed that the video is split into two files when pulling off of the drone.

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Your last sentence suggests a possible intermittent power problem.

Any recent collisions or crashes?

Does the error occur during every flight?

SteveCJr

Reaction score
No and no. But has been popping up more frequently. Maybe it's been too cold as the temps have been getting lower.

OldBlueHeron

Reaction score
I have never experienced this in any of my fights in cold or warm temps. I’ve been flying my S2 since January.

VEGASROBBI

Reaction score
I have not seen that failure and have flown in high winds many times.

skydioconvert

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if falling temps were the cause of your problem as I assume you're no where near the 23F lower S2 operating limit.

Whether something is failing or there is a loose connection is a tough nut to crack when something is intermittent.

Maybe Skydio Help can offer some suggestions?

Last edited:

SteveCJr

Reaction score
I wouldn't say crash, but did have a rough landing on some gravel. I guess it could have possibly nocked something loose. Sample size is too small currently to pin point what's happening so I'll update as I get more info.

I only mention temp because it first happened on a cold morning with "high winds". Ambient air temp around 33F. With a wind chill, that could easily get to 23F. Watching the fog roll out.
20201012_142909.jpg

skydioconvert

Reaction score
I maybe misinformed but I don't think wind chill pertains to inanimate objects.

SteveCJr

Reaction score
I maybe misinformed but I don't think wind chill pertains to inanimate objects.
Sure it does, if you're removing the air around anything radiating heat, it will feel colder. Just put a thermometer in front of a fan.

Again, just a hypothesis from what I've witnessed. I've watched videos of it flying in Alaska, so the operating temp, has a bit of wiggle room.

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Sure it does, if you're removing the air around anything radiating heat, it will feel colder. Just put a thermometer in front of a fan.

Again, just a hypothesis from what I've witnessed. I've watched videos of it flying in Alaska, so the operating temp, has a bit of wiggle room.
Seems like NOAA disagrees with you...

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Disagree but lets just leave it at that.... lets us know how you make out.

funonfly

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't say crash, but did have a rough landing on some gravel. I guess it could have possibly nocked something loose. Sample size is too small currently to pin point what's happening so I'll update as I get more info.

I only mention temp because it first happened on a cold morning with "high winds". Ambient air temp around 33F. With a wind chill, that could easily get to 23F. Watching the fog roll out.
View attachment 190
nice picture 👍

Rich Z

Reaction score
Website
www.faunaclassifieds.com
I don't know how the Skydio handles video, but in my other drones, video is always broken up into multiple contiguous files when I download the files. For the Parrot Anafi, the files are roughly 4 gb eah. For the Xiaomi Mi 4K, the files are roughly 2 gb in size.

VEGASROBBI

Reaction score
My experience is one large file, I haven’t looked in the settings to break them up.

I normally get one 12-13 GB file per flight.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoBZ00