Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Camera/Gimbal Bobbelhead?

NEOdan

Reaction score
WooHoo! I received my S2 yesterday. Now to start wreaking havoc.

I removed the Gimbal Holder and the camera just drooped and moved like a booblehead. Is it usually that loose? I charged the battery and connected to my phone. I'm afraid to launch it until I know it's all good.

I emailed Skydio and as usual, no response yet.

Any words of wisdom is greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure this is the way of it till you turn it on. I believe there is a gyro inbuilt to the camera that is only active after the device starts up.

I removed the Gimbal Holder and the camera just drooped and moved like a booblehead. Is it usually that loose? I charged the battery and connected to my phone. I'm afraid to launch it until I know it's all good.

Yeah that freaked me out at first as well. I felt like I was going to break it trying to put the holder back on.

Thanks. I felt the same way and afraid to do anything else. I really appreciate you sharing your experience. I'm not as freaked out now.

Oh boy, now I can go and get it trapped in a tree.

First gimbal drone? That's how they all are....the gimbal floats until powered.

Thanks, How did you know.

None of my "training drones" had gimbals, I was happy that they had a camera!

Thanks, How did you know.

None of my "training drones" had gimbals, I was happy that they had a camera!
LOL....yep. A gimbal makes ALL the difference for us slow and steady camera type drone guys. Not so important if you're an FPV flyer. Just beware, many of them can be fragile, so treat them nicely.

LP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES