Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Can no longer connect phone to controller with cord.

somewhereinusa

Reaction score
Haven't flown for a while. Got everything out, charged and software updated. NO new or different equipment. I had no problems in the past. Controller pairs with the phone and get steady blue light. Phone wifi off. Plug in cord between controller and phone as in the past. Now I get a message to connect phone to controller. Tried phone and tablet, both of which worked in the past. Tried different cords that have all worked in the past. Tried doing things if different order, still get the same message.

Any suggestions?

Haven't flown for a while. Got everything out, charged and software updated. NO new or different equipment. I had no problems in the past. Controller pairs with the phone and get steady blue light. Phone wifi off. Plug in cord between controller and phone as in the past. Now I get a message to connect phone to controller. Tried phone and tablet, both of which worked in the past. Tried different cords that have all worked in the past. Tried doing things if different order, still get the same message.

Any suggestions?
I always fly with the beacon but recently tried to use the controller to connect, I was unsuccessful, it's always worked before, same phone, cable etc... I haven't dug into it since I discovered it but I was going to try and re-pair the controller to the drone as a first step, I just haven't got around to it yet. Keep us posted.

not sure what's going on here but i believe i've heard in the past that the skydio cable for the iphone is the only cable that will work and sometimes that cable will become defective meaning you end up with nothing. android?

not sure what's going on here but i believe i've heard in the past that the skydio cable for the iphone is the only cable that will work and sometimes that cable will become defective meaning you end up with nothing. android?
Not Iphone, I'm using cords that previously worked and on two different devices. One device tried two cords that previously worked.

My cable could have gone bad but it's unlikely considering I don't use it for anything else besides the controller and pairing plus it stays stored and has worked fine. I haven't explored the issue in any depth, it might be something simple in my case.

Interesting development. I have a really cheap Chinese Android 10 tablet that I bought for something else. I couldn't get it to pair with drone over wifi. Just for lack of something else to try I paired the controller to the drone, plugged in the cable and it works. Problem is it's pretty hard to see outdoors and it's bigger than I like.
This proves that my drone, controller and CABLE are all compatible. At this point I'm guessing that some Android update is causing the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup