Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Confirmed: Existing Accessories work with Skydio 2+

baksideDisasterFlicks

Reaction score
I fired mail off to sales yesterday to find out if old accessories like the beacon/controller/batteries still work with Skydio 2+, and yep they do! Makes the 2+ a little more enticing for me since I have a pretty full kit already with fat stack of batteries.

1641400097794.png

I fired mail off to sales yesterday to find out if old accessories like the beacon/controller/batteries still work with Skydio 2+, and yep they do! Makes the 2+ a little more enticing for me since I have a pretty full kit already with fat stack of batteries.

View attachment 580
That’s great! I read the batteries are backwards compatible, did read Skydio 2s beacon would work with original Skydio.

Didn’t know both original beacon and original controller work with Skydio 2s, that’s great news!

Yeah I'm wondering if you use old beacon/controller you can still take advantage of the extended range. I'm going to reply to them and see what they say.

Yeah I'm wondering if you use old beacon/controller you can still take advantage of the extended range. I'm going to reply to them and see what they say.
I suspect the additional antennas have some impact on the new range figures, likely so does the new beacon. I'm curious what they'll say about that. I have a brand new SD2 so no plans to change it out but I might be in for a new beacon if that helps improve range.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I suspect the additional antennas have some impact on the new range figures, likely so does the new beacon. I'm curious what they'll say about that. I have a brand new SD2 so no plans to change it out but I might be in for a new beacon if that helps improve range.
From what I read there is a small increase in range but not significant

From what I read there is a small increase in range but not significant
Good to know, I can't see it now if I try and use most of it's range and I'm really uncomfortable flying it if I can't see it. The range isn't an important feature to me like it is for others. If it was possible I'd like to get a wrap colored safety orange for the Skydio, being blue it's very good at hiding in the sky from my aging eyesight.

Good to know, I can't see it now if I try and use most of it's range and I'm really uncomfortable flying it if I can't see it. The range isn't an important feature to me like it is for others. If it was possible I'd like to get a wrap colored safety orange for the Skydio, being blue it's very good at hiding in the sky from my aging eyesight.
i agree when flying this skydio 2 i have a hard time when i cannot see the drone. it's not the type of drone you want to fly out of your sight. however, with the 2+ and skydio care, i think i may be more comfortable with more aggressive flying.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Same here - I prefer to keep drone within eyesight but it’s harder to see due to the color scheme.

I had the same issue with a Mavic Mini I used to fly and put strobe lights on it. Really made a difference and increased my confidence.

I’m putting the same strobes on the Skydio so it will definitely help. They’re Firehouse Tech strobes and very powerful.

Ray

Last edited:
Reactions: Ridefreak
The blue color being hard to see, it's a good thing then that it makes so much noise. At least you know where to look.

The first drone I ever tried to fly was a small one that my son had. Used a phone and controller like the Skydio to fly it. I wasn't familiar with the layout his neighborhood, even less so from the air.

As soon as it got out of sight I lost all reference to its location and where it was headed, even tho I could see on the phone screen what it was seeing from the air. I immediately hit the RTH button. The sense of relief as it returned to my Visual Line of Sight and landed was indescribable.

That's the biggest thing I'm going to have to get over, to feel less anxiety over, this being my first drone.

• Haha
Reactions: RiverEagle
I have macular degeneration and this makes it really hard to find the drone in the sky when I am very far away. I have added neon orange wraps to my other drones and his really helps. Skydio's choice of blue and grey is unfortunate, I have looked for available skins with no success. I purchase some bright orange adhesive backed vinyl, and tried to wrap the Skydio but without good success.

Reactions: Ridefreak
No doubt. Someone out there gotta make a wrap for this thing. Back when I had 3RD solos someone made wraps and I put a hot pink one on. Maybe just some safety tape?

No doubt. Someone out there gotta make a wrap for this thing. Back when I had 3RD solos someone made wraps and I put a hot pink one on. Maybe just some safety tape?
Thats what I was thinking, I've got some orange electrical tape, it's kind of ghetto but who cares.

Reactions: RiverEagle
They didn’t change the controller. That’s what I find a little odd. So you will get the full new range with old controller and new 2+ Drone. But to get the full new range with the Beocon you need both the new 2+ Drone and the new 2+ Beacon.

They didn’t change the controller. That’s what I find a little odd. So you will get the full new range with old controller and new 2+ Drone. But to get the full new range with the Beocon you need both the new 2+ Drone and the new 2+ Beacon.
sounds like the old beacon had a hardware problem that they corrected with a new beacon.

Reactions: mswlogo
SO, can anyone CONFIRM there is a RANGE incentive to purchasing the S2+ Beacon for the S2 vs. S2 Beacon ?
skydio is unresponsive to this customer after calls and emails. i feel like there should be an UPGRADE or TRADE-IN policy at #SKYDIOHQ for the S2. not really interested in blowing another 1K + for the S2+ drone. i paid for and am waiting for the NEW Battery and New Beacon. Obviously, best Range increase would be w/ S2+ drone as well.

SO, can anyone CONFIRM there is a RANGE incentive to purchasing the S2+ Beacon for the S2 vs. S2 Beacon ?
skydio is unresponsive to this customer after calls and emails. i feel like there should be an UPGRADE or TRADE-IN policy at #SKYDIOHQ for the S2. not really interested in blowing another 1K + for the S2+ drone. i paid for and am waiting for the NEW Battery and New Beacon. Obviously, best Range increase would be w/ S2+ drone as well.
Try emailing sales. They were very responsive to me. Support is a black hole. They'll email you back in a month if your lucky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spad