Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Connection Issues (humility?)

jamez247

Reaction score
Anyone out there flying theiSkydio 2 in humidity? So we are having monsoons so humid here is AZ. I am having the worse connection to the S2 all of a sudden and that is the only thing that has changed . I was curious if anyone else has had this issue. I I fly from my from porch to the back patio straight up and over there is a very good chance I will loose the connection.

What are you calling high? Average where I live is over 70%. I was in Phoenix once and local was complaining about humidity. It was 4%.
I have no reference for low humidity but, distance is what I notice for bad connection.

Not sure how humidity would effect wifi. More often it's wifi interference. If you are flying in city locations then expect worse conditions. I fly a lot in the high alpine, as long flight path doesn't have physical barriers (hill sides, mountain peaks, thick trees) I get 'decent' range, I've gone a good 2-3000ft with no connection issues on mountain peak maintaining launch or higher altitude . Be careful if you are higher altitude than the drone that can really mess up your range. Reality is range on the Skydio sucks, especially compared to DJI Mavic Air 2. I've learned to try to stay within about 4-600 feet especially in the before mentioned scenarios.

Reactions: frankbonatelli
What are you calling high? Average where I live is over 70%. I was in Phoenix once and local was complaining about humidity. It was 4%.
I have no reference for low humidity but, distance is what I notice for bad connection.
Lol. Yes I should have clarified this. High for AZ it was like it was monsoons do it was 40% but I think I figured it out it was bit that all. I used samsung pad connected to the controller. It is either the USB wire thst us going bad cause it stretches a little but cause the pad is so big or it is the pad itself . It is not a 5 g pad and so maybe that could be a reason. I will figure it out.
Had anyone tried extenders for the WiFi you know of?

My Grandma always said "it's not the heat it's the humility"(title) ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES