Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Controller tips and tricks?

NEDroner

Reaction score
I've been using the sky controller more often lately for cinematic footage.
Despite all of the complaints I've read about range, I consistently get 1,200-1,500ft of range which is the limit of my VLOS (even w/strobes). I'm satisfied with that.

However, I find the controls "laggy" compared with other drones and controllers I've flown.
When I push the control sticks, the Skydio responds very slow initially and I'm encouraged to push them further which often results in "over-control" movements.
I've learned to push the sticks a bit, observe the initial/small response from the skydio, and maintain the stick position and wait. ...because after a second or two (or three?) the skydio will respond more strongly to the original position.
This makes it challenging to coordinate yaw, lateral, and front/back motions due to this lag.

Would like to hear tips and tricks for the controller settings you use or techniques for using the controller in general.

I believe there is a way to adjust the responsiveness within the app for the sticks, may be able to get the jerkiness smoothed out. Sorry I don’t remember which menu it is under.

I've been using the sky controller more often lately for cinematic footage.
Despite all of the complaints I've read about range, I consistently get 1,200-1,500ft of range which is the limit of my VLOS (even w/strobes). I'm satisfied with that.

However, I find the controls "laggy" compared with other drones and controllers I've flown.
When I push the control sticks, the Skydio responds very slow initially and I'm encouraged to push them further which often results in "over-control" movements.
I've learned to push the sticks a bit, observe the initial/small response from the skydio, and maintain the stick position and wait. ...because after a second or two (or three?) the skydio will respond more strongly to the original position.
This makes it challenging to coordinate yaw, lateral, and front/back motions due to this lag.

Would like to hear tips and tricks for the controller settings you use or techniques for using the controller in general.
Click the little gear wheel on the app, go to controller - flight sensitivity. There you can control roll, pitch, yaw and throttle.

My tip is "Don't forget about the zoom paddle." It makes a great two-control move with only one lever.

You can combine the zoom with other motions, like adding a little forward motion during the zoom to hide the fact that you didn't have your subject perfectly centered to start with.

Reactions: gsrider

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaimejcornado