Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Cracked bottom sensor (camera)

kestes210

Reaction score
Cracked a bottom sensor. anyway to bypass that camera? Or am I stuck sending my drone to Skydio- again. Cost me $700 last time.

Cracked a bottom sensor. anyway to bypass that camera? Or am I stuck sending my drone to Skydio- again. Cost me $700 last time.
Unfortunately there's no way to bypass any of the OA sensors or make changes to any of the factory programmed settings.

It lifts off. Then reads cameras are dirty. Land now. So it won’t fly or I’d have gone for it yesterday at the top of the mountain. Anyway to shut THAT camera off?

It lifts off. Then reads cameras are dirty. Land now. So it won’t fly or I’d have gone for it yesterday at the top of the mountain. Anyway to shut THAT camera off?
Yeah, I have seen that warning ( dust on cams ) oftentimes I have ignored them without experiencing any control issues, I just tap the screen to make that popup disappear, but I did fly cautiously to observe anything goofy, other times I would land to wipe all cameras again.

$700 is outrageous for one component and labor, the whole Drone is a little over 1K new.

Best of Luck from here on out.

Yeah, I have seen that warning ( dust on cams ) oftentimes I have ignored them without experiencing any control issues, I just tap the screen to make that popup disappear, but I did fly cautiously to observe anything goofy, other times I would land to wipe all cameras again.

$700 is outrageous for one component and labor, the whole Drone is a little over 1K new.

Best of Luck from here on out.
Yea, tell me about it. I did not try to make the popup disappear. I was using the beacon, and I don't think I was able to do anything but land. However, I'll try it again later today, now that you said that. I have a little hope!

I called Skydio. It will not work like this. I am sending it back to them tomorrow. Got a $200 estimate. Not ideal, but I'm grateful if it gets done for that price. I have a Mavic Air 2s which follows, but I would not trust it the way I trust my Skydio 2!

I called Skydio. It will not work like this. I am sending it back to them tomorrow. Got a $200 estimate. Not ideal, but I'm grateful if it gets done for that price. I have a Mavic Air 2s which follows, but I would not trust it the way I trust my Skydio 2!
Bummer.

kester210, keep us posted.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spad