Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Crashed Skydio2 need prop parts

skychs

Reaction score
Im not sure what happened but the drone was flying perfectly while it was tracking me from the side on a motorcycle going about 20mph.

Anyway ... the only damage I see is one of the prop mounts is gone. Is there a way to buy a replacement? I would consider buying all four if they are not too expensive. Im located in Richmond VA. TIA
Chuck

BE91C1AB-9965-44B9-BC55-4741B1199F7C_1_201_a.jpeg

Unfortunately they aren't available from SD so they're kind of unobtanium.

Which one is it you need? LF, RR etc...? I might be able to help you out, I have 3 of them but want to keep one of each rotation. If it's the rotation that I have two of, I'll send you one.

Unfortunately they aren't available from SD so they're kind of unobtanium.

Which one is it you need? LF, RR etc...? I might be able to help you out, I have 3 of them but want to keep one of each rotation. If it's the rotation that I have two of, I'll send you one.

Thanks for responding. I'm missing the LF or bottom left. If you have one I would be willing to chip in what ever you need. I had no idea these part were not available.

Thanks for responding. I'm missing the LF or bottom left. If you have one I would be willing to chip in what ever you need. I had no idea these part were not available.
Chuck, That should be a blue tipped hook plate.

I need to mention something in case you don't know. The reason SD doesn't sell these hook plates is they consider a crash that breaks a hook plate serious enough that the drone be returned and it's calibration checked. If it's still under warranty I'd recommend you submit the logs to them to see what they say happened, it may be covered and it's no skin to have them check.

That being said, if it's not under warranty sending it back for that repair is expensive, hundreds of dollars so I'll share my experience regarding crashes. Like you, I use the SD2 to film off a motorcycle, it's all I use it for. The drone has gone down more then a few times and clipped a couple branches and for sure damaged a few props. It never broke a hook plate or damaged anything other then props or get sand in the motors but that's just me getting lucky. Afterwards it's always flown correctly and needed no "factory" calibration. But be warned, that may not be your result.

Anytime it's updated or does something drastic like hit the ground, I use the next couple flights in a huge open area and just have it track me for awhile without needing to use the OA much, an easy operating environment. After that I'll sometimes see a short delay before the drone becomes ready to fly, the app screen will say "calibrating" I've only noticed that after a couple really good flights with no issues and I've seen it happen more then once. I'm confident it's taking some data from those last couple flights to adjust something. After flying this drone since it was first released, I'm convinced the more successful flights it has the better it performs but sometimes that behavior starts over after an update. I know it's a rant but something to keep in mind next time you fly.

Knowing all that, does the pic below look like what you need? If so send me a PM with the info and I'll shoot it over.

IMG_20230212_095529938_HDR-L.jpg

Last edited:
That's a beautiful motorcycle

Reactions: skychs
I just bought a SD 2+ and during my second flight it was unable to see some branches and crashed, everything seems to be in working order except one of the propellers broke as well as the hook plate below it.
Researching where to find one of these hook plates brought me here.

I believe @Ridefreak posted a picture of this part, and I really really need one of these. How can I buy this off of you mate?

Thanks in advance.

Part:
1678409972156.png

I gave away my spare, I wish I had another one to give to you, sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup