Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Current firmware not compatible with Pixel 2

JEarl

Reaction score
I'm a little bummed, just got my Skydio 2 today, charged the batteries, and found out that it is no compatible with my Pixel 2 phone. Works fine with my iPad & my Samsung S8 (work) phone, however. The software loads on my Pixel 2, the Pixel 2 "sees" the Skydio 2 Wifi, but the Drone will not pair with it. The Pixel 2 Skydio 2 app just keeps saying "connecting", but then finally times out and the Aircraft turns itself off after about 60 seconds of not pairing. :(

All my flights are with a Pixel phone. It's the previous version though, I think that makes it a 3. I had some trouble initially with connecting, it'd pop up a screen asking what I wanted to do with the connection and when I touch the screen that popup would disappear. Eventually I was able to answer the one time question and it connected. Once that happened I didn't have any other issues with the phone. I can't remember exactly what it was asking me.

Edit: one additional thing I remember, the popup I described went away, apparenty when I tried to respond I selected the incorrect response. I had to tell the phone to forget the connection and re-do it to get it to ask the question again.

Last edited:
All my flights are with a Pixel phone. It's the previous version though, I think that makes it a 3. I had some trouble initially with connecting, it'd pop up a screen asking what I wanted to do with the connection and when I touch the screen that popup would disappear. Eventually I was able to answer the one time question and it connected. Once that happened I didn't have any other issues with the phone. I can't remember exactly what it was asking me.

Edit: one additional thing I remember, the popup I described went away, apparenty when I tried to respond I selected the incorrect response. I had to tell the phone to forget the connection and re-do it to get it to ask the question again.

Thanks for the info. Still won't pair with my Pixel 2 with the latest Android OS. The WiFi makes a connection, but when I run the Skydio2 software, it just sits and says "connecting..." and never pairs. I even tried "forgetting" the wifi connection like you suggested. *sigh* Guess I'll have to stick with my (large) ipad or my work Samsung phone, which work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup