Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Did You Get the Controller?

loyukfai

Reaction score
Or you're just using the Beacon or phone?

Cheers.

Did get the controller and bought the kicker and larger phone add on from a third party. While the controller is not state of the art it works well and I enjoy it. Did not buy the beacon. Really wanted for photography and video. Very happy.

Reactions: loyukfai
I also got the controller and use it alot BUT:

We need to have the option to takeoff and land using sticks
Need to have the option use google downloaded maps since if your device like tablet doesn't have data or if there is no data available you get no map just blank screen - SUCKS!

Or you're just using the Beacon or phone?

Cheers.
I got both the beacon and the controller. I must say, currently I have no good things to say about the beacon.....the last time I used it kept losing connection with the drone (or vice-versa) I am hoping the latest update improves it - it seems to connect a last faster now than it did (I power on the beacon when using the controller - don't know if it helps at all). The controller is fine - tweaked a few things in the settings as it was a bit sluggish but loads better now.

• Wow
I got both the beacon and the controller. I must say, currently I have no good things to say about the beacon.....the last time I used it kept losing connection with the drone (or vice-versa) I am hoping the latest update improves it - it seems to connect a last faster now than it did (I power on the beacon when using the controller - don't know if it helps at all). The controller is fine - tweaked a few things in the settings as it was a bit sluggish but loads better now.
What versions of the software are you using for each and how long does it take for each (i.e. controller and beacon) to connect?

The controller was always quick to connect.....just plug it in and it's ready pretty much almost instantly. The beacon connects within 10 to 20 seconds....much quicker than before. Running the latest versions of software for both as they both updated with the last update - not sure how to tell the exact version number? Maybe I can look on the beacon but as the controller has no visual display I may have to look in the app when it's connected to find out?

The controller was always quick to connect.....just plug it in and it's ready pretty much almost instantly. The beacon connects within 10 to 20 seconds....much quicker than before. Running the latest versions of software for both as they both updated with the last update - not sure how to tell the exact version number? Maybe I can look on the beacon but as the controller has no visual display I may have to look in the app when it's connected to find out?
Very pleased to hear that Skydio continues to improve their software as bugs get reported.

The recent connection times you posted seem to be reasonable ...

I'm still waiting for my S2 so I can only refer you to where you'll actually see firmware/software version numbers ... several posts in the Software threads show actual screen shots of version numbers ... maybe that will help?

I got the beacon only use it only for sports tracking . Needs the phone to take off.
Beacon keeps on saying syncing with gps when you connect the beacon to the phone the sync is immediately done.

I got the beacon only use it only for sports tracking . Needs the phone to take off.
Beacon keeps on saying syncing with gps when you connect the beacon to the phone the sync is immediately done.
The beacon would eventually sync without the phone as well, with the phone it's just much faster when in new location.

Thanks for the input.

Am just wondering if I can make do with the phone (for "normal" use) and the beacon (for tracking) only, or if precision flying the controller is absolutely necessary.

So that I can save $150...

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input.

Am just wondering if I can make do with the phone (for "normal" use) and the beacon (for tracking) only, or if precision flying the controller is absolutely necessary.

So that I can save $150...

Cheers.
I use the controller quite a bit.....especially if I need more range. The stock range with just the phone is quite poor, but improves a lot with the controller hooked up. I also find that flying the drone with the controller gives me way better shots and framing than I ever get with the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup