Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Drone Insurance

Jetlag

Reaction score
Since I will be flying my Skydio2 around Lake Erie I am considering drone insurance. Just wondering if anyone else carries drone insurance?

Reactions: RadConSuper
St.Farm is popular. Just a phone call to an agent. I have seen some posts that describe a few brainless agents, so be careful.

Yes, State Farm. $75 for year ( FL price), no deductible. One time coverage. Replace or repair If possible. Ask for personal items policy. I have it but haven’t tested it and hope I never have to...?

This looks to be the only thread specifically about "get insurance or not". Soo.... vs starting a new one.

I just got the Skydio 2+, did not get the Skydio Care... yet. I am an AMA member and they have some basic insurance as part of the membership, and some specific professional drone insurance you can get as well.

That said, I plan to get my Part 107 and use my drones for profit. Has anyone purchased insurance and Skydio Care? Are there any benefits to that path-or is it just overly redundant?

This looks to be the only thread specifically about "get insurance or not". Soo.... vs starting a new one.

I just got the Skydio 2+, did not get the Skydio Care... yet. I am an AMA member and they have some basic insurance as part of the membership, and some specific professional drone insurance you can get as well.

That said, I plan to get my Part 107 and use my drones for profit. Has anyone purchased insurance and Skydio Care? Are there any benefits to that path-or is it just overly redundant?
many of us have skydio care because it is automatically included in the purchase of the skydio 2+ pro package. think of skydio care as crash insurance for your drone that protects against damage to your drone or if you lose your drone during a flyaway or unable to recover it at the bottom of a lake. unfortunately ama insurance won't like cover this since ama appears to be more like liability insurance. i have ama but i haven't checked recently.

skydio care is highly recommended because it's inexpensive, you deal directly with the manufacturer, it covers over and above and often beyond the manufacturer's warranty, and it gives you piece of mind. so when you're flying for fun or flying on a job, you are more confident in your flight abilities because you are protected from (drone) financial loss should you have a mishap whether it's your fault or not. at least that's how it is for me; how i feel about it. i always select drone insurance whether it's the oem option or something like a drone-specific state farm insurance policy. unfortunately i cannot comment on commercial or professional insurance or event-related insurance for part 107 pilots.

Reactions: RiverEagle
I got State Farm, Skydio Care and AMA.
I think I’m covered :)

I buy the insurance from DJI when I get their drones but it wasnt available when I bought my skydio2 in December. I'm just a hobby flier and I've never had an issue in 5 years flying and this drone has crashed 2 times out of 6 flights and the first they said it was because there are no leaves on the trees but this latest crash it cut left and backwards out of nowhere during landing but they claim the logs show user error. I'm hesitant to fly again without some type of coverage. I see some of the posts here suggested state farm but does that cover hobby flying crash repairs?

I buy the insurance from DJI when I get their drones but it wasnt available when I bought my skydio2 in December. I'm just a hobby flier and I've never had an issue in 5 years flying and this drone has crashed 2 times out of 6 flights and the first they said it was because there are no leaves on the trees but this latest crash it cut left and backwards out of nowhere during landing but they claim the logs show user error. I'm hesitant to fly again without some type of coverage. I see some of the posts here suggested state farm but does that cover hobby flying crash repairs?
state farm will cover anything and everything....no matter what happened or how it happened. 99%.

Reactions: Nitr0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup