Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Dual Charger charge in parallel

Airwolf

Reaction score
I have the Dual Charger with my Pro S2 kit and I use an Anker 100W charger and a NekTeck 90W charger. Neither charger seems to allow the Dual Charger to charger in Parallel. When charging just one battery at a time increases the lights while charging.

Am I missing something?

Saladshooter

Reaction score
I have the Dual Charger with my Pro S2 kit and I use an Anker 100W charger and a NekTeck 90W charger. Neither charger seems to allow the Dual Charger to charger in Parallel. When charging just one battery at a time increases the lights while charging.

Am I missing something?
Not sure what the problem is..... I bought the one below for $15 on Amazon. It charges two batteries at one time when plugged into the Dual Charger without problem

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 7.33.07 PM.png

RiverEagle

Reaction score
Website
alongtheray.com
When I had my S2 (I returned it for S2+), I plugged the dual charger into the 86 watt charger that came with my MacBook Pro and it was able to do both at the same time.

However, I noticed now that I have the S2+ and its new higher capacity batteries, it won't dual charge them. Interesting.

I ordered a 96 watt charger a few days ago so I'll see if that does the trick. If not, I'll try the one @Saladshooter recommended.

Ray

Reactions: Sky Cyclist

kenmavic2zoom

Reaction score
im thinking you mean charging 2 batteries simultaneously. does your dual charger charger the battery and another accessory (like the beacon or remote) when you attach it in parallel...meaning, with another cable from the other side of the dual-charger?

btw, for me all s2+ equipment here, and both batteries flash blue when connected using the dual charger. you may have to remove the battery and re-attach it but they are both charging at the same time, i just tried it.

mswlogo

Reaction score
I used my MacBook 96W USB-C Charger and it charged in parallel on the first charge (and both batteries were quite low).

Reactions: RiverEagle

Airwolf

Reaction score
When I had my S2 (I returned it for S2+), I plugged the dual charger into the 86 watt charger that came with my MacBook Pro and it was able to do both at the same time.

However, I noticed now that I have the S2+ and its new higher capacity batteries, it won't dual charge them. Interesting.

I ordered a 96 watt charger a few days ago so I'll see if that does the trick. If not, I'll try the one @Saladshooter recommended.

Ray
Yeah, all my equipment is S2 first generation.

Airwolf

Reaction score
im thinking you mean charging 2 batteries simultaneously. does your dual charger charger the battery and another accessory (like the beacon or remote) when you attach it in parallel...meaning, with another cable from the other side of the dual-charger?

btw, for me all s2+ equipment here, and both batteries flash blue when connected using the dual charger. you may have to remove the battery and re-attach it but they are both charging at the same time, i just tried it.
Yes. In parallel, at the same time, where all the blue lights increase at the same time until both batteries are full. This doesn't happen with me. Only one battery charges at the a time. The battery that does not charge flashes one blue light and continues to do so until the other battery is full or removed.

When one battery is complete the other battery does start to increase its charge as indicated by the increasing amount of blue lights but it takes the normal time. It's only charging in series it appears.

In terms of charging another device I have only ever tried the controller and the Beacon and it appears to charge them fine but it takes a lot longer to charge those.

kenmavic2zoom

Reaction score
Yes. In parallel, at the same time, where all the blue lights increase at the same time until both batteries are full. This doesn't happen with me. Only one battery charges at the a time. The battery that does not charge flashes one blue light and continues to do so until the other battery is full or removed.

When one battery is complete the other battery does start to increase its charge as indicated by the increasing amount of blue lights but it takes the normal time. It's only charging in series it appears.

In terms of charging another device I have only ever tried the controller and the Beacon and it appears to charge them fine but it takes a lot longer to charge those.
try this: when you have both batteries attached to the dual-charger and only one battery is charging (blue light flashing), take the battery (which is charging) off the charger. you should see the second battery begin to charge (blue light flashing). now replace the first battery on the dual-charge and when it starts flashing, both should continue to flash/charge. that works for me whenever the charging process "stalls."

Airwolf

Reaction score
try this: when you have both batteries attached to the dual-charger and only one battery is charging (blue light flashing), take the battery (which is charging) off the charger. you should see the second battery begin to charge (blue light flashing). now replace the first battery on the dual-charge and when it starts flashing, both should continue to flash/charge. that works for me whenever the charging process "stalls."
Hmm. I have taken the one battery that is charging off before and yes, the other battery starts charging. But I only do that when the battery that is charging is charged and I don't put it back. I'll give it a shot the next time I want to fly. Thanks.

On a separate note, how do you maintain your batteries? In the olden days we were taught to charge to a "storage" level if leaving the battery alone for long periods. With these "Smart Batteries" they drop the charge themselves to 60% if left unattended for more than 14 days I believe. The only thing the manual states is to charge and discharge the battery fully atleast a couple of times if left alone for a while.

I've even talked to Skydio about this and their response seemed to not understand my point, they said I should leave the battery low from right after a flight and not charge it until I'm ready to fly, but I should charge it once every 2 weeks. And I should discharge it once every 2 weeks. My concern is what if I'm not able to fly? How can I discharge? I'm not going to sit it on the drone powered on all afternoon overheating just to drain it. That's ridiculous!

So I'm just wondering what people do to maintain their batteries.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebigdaddie