Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Economy Skydio 2 Case

My case has got the job done and protected my S2. The foam hasn’t been that bad but a custom insert is welcome.

The case is water proof so when coming down from altitude I have to release the vacuum to open it.

Reactions: AntDX316

My case has got the job done and protected my S2. The foam hasn’t been that bad but a custom insert is welcome.

The case is water proof so when coming down from altitude I have to release the vacuum to open it.

What do you mean release the vacuum?

Sounds Interesting! I am in the middle of a similar two-layer concept. I copied the idea from someone on Facebook. Cannot find the thread otherwise, I would give him the credit. Using the:
Apache 4800 Case - I.D. 17.81" x 12.75" x 6.5" It is not a case you want to hike with. But I like the concept of a transportable case in my van, and then pick out the small case to go out to the launch area.

View attachment 86

Can you find a backpack with foam inserts like that? It's all good but if you want to be on the move you can't.

What do you mean release the vacuum?

The case is water proof so when I come down from 8,000 feet there is negative pressure(vacuum) in the case, it is difficult to open. There is an air release knob in the front, I unscrew it to release the vacuum then the case opens easily.

Reactions: AntDX316
If I had the tools to DIY nearly everything.. I'd make the most amazing practical system.

I hope the Skydio2 case will be eventually discounted like this Anafi case for C$20
Awesome price for 13,23 x 11,81 x 5,8 inch case custom cut.

EDIT:
Wow that sold out fast :eek::LOL:

Last edited:
Do you think the surface of the 3800 is smooth enough to land on? I'm thinking of getting one of these cases and putting a Skydio sticker on the side, in hopes that the Skydio will recognize it for case landings.

I like the case that the Skydio shipped with - just drives me nuts that there isn't room for the controller or beacon in it.

Another option Nanuk 910. It just barely fits. I was looking for the smallest waterproof case since I film a lot of backcountry snowboarding and need to put Skydio on my snowmobile for transport into the backcountry. Ended up finding this Nanuk 910 which just barely fits with two batteries. I sprayed the foam with truck bed liner. This beauty color was only $49 when I got it on the Amazons.

20200911_213610.jpg

20200911_213621.jpg

Reactions: Lifeisfun
I can confirm that the Harbor freight cases are water proof. The raft flipped completely over a few seconds after this shot and stayed upside down for quite a while with the case dangling down, hitting rocks as it traveled down though the rapid. Happy to find that everything in the case was dry when I opened it.

Attachments

• elkhorn 1080.jpg
    elkhorn 1080.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 5
I found a company which makes custom foam inserts for many standard cases. They also sell their own brand of cases with custom inserts. They have templates for the Skydio 2 and all of the accessories, which makes it easy to design a case that fits. I have ordered their j171 case with custom foam. It was very reasonably priced. Here is my design. It fits the Skydio with battery attached, 2 spare batteries, charger, remote control, beacon, spare props and cables.

Attachments

• case 3d.jpg
    case 3d.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 23
  • case j171.jpg
    case j171.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 19
  • skydio case insert.jpg
    skydio case insert.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Folist

Members online