Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Flying at night

deedeebulldog

Reaction score
I came across this video of someone saying that they are flying a Skydio 2, but to me it looks way too dark to fly one. Fly at night?

Curious also. Is there an option to disable OA to fly in darker settings? My Skydio 2 arrives in a few days so don’t have it in hand yet to test it out.

Curious also. Is there an option to disable OA to fly in darker settings? My Skydio 2 arrives in a few days so don’t have it in hand yet to test it out.
No you can't disable it
You can trick it to fly in dark with bright light but I would not recommend it.
There is video on YT how to do that.

Reactions: skytwo
Maybe using an ND1000 filter and its only noon :LOL:. Wait do they actually make them that dark?

Skydio will will still launch at sunset but warn you and land where it is as the light gets lower. Not a good idea to be over water when this happens. I expect that this video looks darker than it really was at that time because the camera was pointing at the bright sunset causing the exposure to be reduced. Also it could have been adjusted in post processing.

My guess is that it's not actually night and appears to be with some post processing to highlight the sunset.
You must referring to different video, the one I seen was back in March

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup