Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Getting my second Skydio tomorrow or Friday (replacement)

Zandian

Reaction score
So after talking with Skydio support and sending them my logs they want to check out my controller and bird. They are sending me a replacement for both.

I’ve been having a consistent problem where I get out to about .25 - .30 miles out, 200ft up or so, rural area, line of sight and The controller loses its connection to the Skydio. First, that seems too short to be losing the connection, and second when it does I get a report on the screen that my controller has also disconnected from my phone. I originally thought it might be the phone jack or cable but I was able to reproduce the problem. It continued to happen under similar circumstances.

Scary thing was when it did this the phone starts trying to connect to the WiFi if the drone over and over. I was confused at first thinking it was the con troller trying to re-establish a connection, but it was the phone itself. So halfway through the drone’s automatic return to home suddenly the phone interface pops up instead of the controller interface. I then had to take control via the phone to land it.
I also noticed when it was in phone mode I could unplug the cable and plug it back in and it went back to controller mode.

Very disconcerting. Support is thinking there may be something with the WiFi on the controller or the drone so they are replacing both.

interesring to see if others have the same problem and if it ends up being a manufacturing defect on the conteoller or the drone, or if it is firmware related or a problem with the fact they are using a third party controller.

Will see. One good thing is that their support has been responsive and helpful. I just don’t think they have a big support team so hopefully they do not become overwhelmed as more and more Skydios start shipping. But for now so far so good.

Interested to hear if others have similar issues. Oh and yes, I had WiFi turned off on my iPhone. The shy duo actually seems to bypass that and ask if you want to connect despite The fact WiFi is off if you say yes it turns on WiFi.

Z

So after talking with Skydio support and sending them my logs they want to check out my controller and bird. They are sending me a replacement for both.

I’ve been having a consistent problem where I get out to about .25 - .30 miles out, 200ft up or so, rural area, line of sight and The controller loses its connection to the Skydio. First, that seems too short to be losing the connection, and second when it does I get a report on the screen that my controller has also disconnected from my phone. I originally thought it might be the phone jack or cable but I was able to reproduce the problem. It continued to happen under similar circumstances.

Scary thing was when it did this the phone starts trying to connect to the WiFi if the drone over and over. I was confused at first thinking it was the con troller trying to re-establish a connection, but it was the phone itself. So halfway through the drone’s automatic return to home suddenly the phone interface pops up instead of the controller interface. I then had to take control via the phone to land it.
I also noticed when it was in phone mode I could unplug the cable and plug it back in and it went back to controller mode.

Very disconcerting. Support is thinking there may be something with the WiFi on the controller or the drone so they are replacing both.

interesring to see if others have the same problem and if it ends up being a manufacturing defect on the conteoller or the drone, or if it is firmware related or a problem with the fact they are using a third party controller.

Will see. One good thing is that their support has been responsive and helpful. I just don’t think they have a big support team so hopefully they do not become overwhelmed as more and more Skydios start shipping. But for now so far so good.

Interested to hear if others have similar issues. Oh and yes, I had WiFi turned off on my iPhone. The shy duo actually seems to bypass that and ask if you want to connect despite The fact WiFi is off if you say yes it turns on WiFi.

Z

I don't know about the range being "too short to lose connection" as I was losing connection at very short, line of sight distances myself before I modified my controller. The average reports I've seen have ranged from around 1000' to 2000' but I have had people say they are getting much farther.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES