Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Getting Started First Time with Skydio 2.

Droning101

Reaction score
Hi I got the Skydio2 and this is my first time with the Skydio system. I am use to DJI but Seems like skydio is going to be way different.

I watched some you tube videos and got the general unboxing / setup done. I even took out the drone in my backyard fly it for few sec Alright may be a min. .. and landed.

First impression / a bit nerving was this. I am connected to the beacon and beacon is then connected to the Skydio 2 and I am using phone to see the screen.

When skydio 2 took off it found me right way. and I put plus However I think it start flight a bit away from me.. I guess which was normal But My question is.. I only have the beacon..

Question 1) Any good video on how to bring Skydio back say in this case my own yard.. To land back ? What is the best recommended way to do this via the beacon ? I did not see any video talking about this on youtube.

Note - I did use minus button on the beacon to bring it somewhat closer.. But Again what is the best method if say I get cold feet and I want my drone back in my yard and down :)

Question 2) - Is there a button on beacon to bring it back to home Right away where I flew off from ?

Question 3) Most important.. How do I initiate case landing when my phone is connected to the beacon and beacon is connected to the Drone ? What is the best method ? I do not even know how to control camera in terms of pointing it down to see the case but more over first how do I bring drone over the case ?

Reactions: dirkclod
The below link won't answer all of your questions but its a good start.

What helped me the most was doing keyword searches (in this thread) for the a lot of questions that the online manuals didn't specifically answer.

Welcome to the forum. ?

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Hi I got the Skydio2 and this is my first time with the Skydio system. I am use to DJI but Seems like skydio is going to be way different.

I watched some you tube videos and got the general unboxing / setup done. I even took out the drone in my backyard fly it for few sec Alright may be a min. .. and landed.

First impression / a bit nerving was this. I am connected to the beacon and beacon is then connected to the Skydio 2 and I am using phone to see the screen.

When skydio 2 took off it found me right way. and I put plus However I think it start flight a bit away from me.. I guess which was normal But My question is.. I only have the beacon..

Question 1) Any good video on how to bring Skydio back say in this case my own yard.. To land back ? What is the best recommended way to do this via the beacon ? I did not see any video talking about this on youtube.

Note - I did use minus button on the beacon to bring it somewhat closer.. But Again what is the best method if say I get cold feet and I want my drone back in my yard and down :)

Question 2) - Is there a button on beacon to bring it back to home Right away where I flew off from ?

Question 3) Most important.. How do I initiate case landing when my phone is connected to the beacon and beacon is connected to the Drone ? What is the best method ? I do not even know how to control camera in terms of pointing it down to see the case but more over first how do I bring drone over the case ?
If you are only using the beacon and no phone, there is no "Home" button. You can use the Minus button to to bring it close or switch the Beacon to steering mode and fly it that way. If the Skydio is facing you, it is just a matter of pressing the center button to fly it forward. I usually fly it over my head and just past me so that it is close but facing away then press and hold the bottom button to start landing and do a hand catch.

Nice thank you everyone for the great tips. The Minus button does help and steering mode as well the first flight now went pretty good cant wait to try more possibly next weekend :D

Lots of good answers to your questions here.
I watched videos, etc, but I think I learned the most by reading each of the Users Guides online. They have users guides for the Skydio drone, the beacon, and the controller.
Trust me, you will learn the most by reading them. They go over just about everything

Reactions: Droning101
Sweet ! Thank you so much I will be reading the guide. If someone else want the guide and looking like me here is a pdf from skydio site itself.

One thing any good method to take off and put on the Gimbal protector clip I feel like that is definitely will take some practice getting use to it..

I dont want to damage the gimbal while take it off or putting it back on.. since its such a delicate item

I really do not like the design of the gimbal protector. I wish it installed from the top and covered the camera lens. I don't like wedging it in between the 2 halves of the gimbal. Feels like I am gong to damage it.
I am modifying mine to resolve these issues.

Sweet ! Thank you so much I will be reading the guide. If someone else want the guide and looking like me here is a pdf from skydio site itself.

One thing any good method to take off and put on the Gimbal protector clip I feel like that is definitely will take some practice getting use to it..

I dont want to damage the gimbal while take it off or putting it back on.. since its such a delicate item
It just take practice. It took me some time but figured it out. The gimbal can take some stress..

The best practice I found it to read instruction and then read them again and again. Also view all of Skydio's flight school videos, more than once, and other YouTube videos on Skydio. Then practice in an open place so that you get comfortable with this drone. I have been flying almost all the DJI drones but this drome is different. I really like this drone and feel the camera is better than my latest DJI drones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES