Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Gimbal stabilization errors

waveoquai

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed gimbal stabilization errors after the latest update? I noticed after taking my skydio out today having more difficulty doing motion tracks.

A little late to reply but I do notice many more Gimbal and/or camera errors after the update in September and the latest update in October or early November. I keep getting GIMBAL OBSTRUCTED errors and V32 Camera errors and the drone just completely stops what it is doing and stops video recording. I have to land and power off and on to reset. Annoying as hell. Kind of makes the whole drone pointless.

The first time I tried to mount a filter, it gave me errors and the camera was shaking. I landed and haven't used the filters since. And I have had no problems with this since.

I haven't tried them on my replacement drone. (I crashed the first one in the jungle on Bali)

But I have not heard anyone else complain about the filter causing this.

Reactions: Airwolf
The first time I tried to mount a filter, it gave me errors and the camera was shaking. I landed and haven't used the filters since. And I have had no problems with this since.

I haven't tried them on my replacement drone. (I crashed the first one in the jungle on Bali)

But I have not heard anyone else complain about the filter causing this.
Yeah, I read about another experience like this. I don't use the filters. Never saw the need. There are some specific scenarios that I would think about using them if I shot in that situation again, but typically I go all natural! What bothers me most is that it seems as they keep making updates they end up screwing up other things. I wonder if the Skydio 2 + has as many issues or if it's a superior machine?

I use the ND8 on bright sunny days, @ 6K' with few clouds it can get pretty bright around here, especially when I'm riding in the sand.

When I tried the ND16 I got a camera error and have never tested it again.

Reactions: Airwolf
I've also used neutral density filters and have not had them cause any problems. Mostly used the ND8, a couple occasions needed the ND16.

Reactions: Ridefreak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup