Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Greetings from Iowa, pending new Skydio2 Owner - waiting for my turn

dougcjohn

Reaction score
Hi All,
New Skydio2 Owner of current vapor drone.
Mine is due I think some time March if I understood correctly.
I ordered about 4-6 weeks ago.

May have seen many of you on sister forums... Commercial, Yuneec, Phantom, Mavic, Inspire, Autel,

Looking forward to seeing this new platform.

Welcome to the group. (y)

Reactions: DoomMeister
Welcome to the new group. Look forward to your evaluation of this craft in late Spring, unless you get lucky and get it sooner.
I feel like we’re all kiddies... waiting for the new HotWheels car... anyone remember the special edition Chrome Boss Mustang? Way back... early 70’s.

Hey @DoomMeister what batch are you in... ft of mine?:)
Should be an interesting craft... and really interesting what it stimulates from competition.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I haven’t reserved one yet. I’m waiting to see how reports from real world pilots go. I’m still using my TH Pro, but this craft looks to have great potential. Being able to fly without checking in with Mother Hen is more like the Yuneec products I’m used to. I would love to see Skydio develop a hex rotor with a 1” sensor camera with adjustable f-stop so ND filters would not be needed.
Also hanging out here as an unofficial moderator for now, while this forum takes off. So far it is very tame like YP. Hope it remains like that.

Reactions: dirkclod
I haven’t reserved one yet. I’m waiting to see how reports from real world pilots go. I’m still using my TH Pro, but this craft looks to have great potential. Being able to fly without checking in with Mother Hen is more like the Yuneec products I’m used to. I would love to see Skydio develop a hex rotor with a 1” sensor camera with adjustable f-stop so ND filters would not be needed.
Also hanging out here as an unofficial moderator for now, while this forum takes off. So far it is very tame like YP. Hope it remains like that.
I'm sure you'll get ample responses once it starts to hit the mailboxes. I agree, a small Hex with this level if technology in optical OA would be impressive... then add a removable payload and small range of options.

I hear ya on the forums... in my casual observation.... we're on the upper end of age spectrum on the Yuneec forum and probably a very large percentage of serious amateur to pro. In comparison, the Spark and Mavic are younger and less experienced... and full of vinegar... gets a little expressive. The Inspire forum is very broad... with the matrices included... great experience with a good peppering of open expressions. The Phantom forum, not sure... minimal time there. But it's definitely a mix and has some quick to be snappy in debates... little defensive in a sort.
All just an opinion of a casual observation.

I'm sure you'll get ample responses once it starts to hit the mailboxes. I agree, a small Hex with this level if technology in optical OA would be impressive... then add a removable payload and small range of options.

I hear ya on the forums... in my casual observation.... we're on the upper end of age spectrum on the Yuneec forum and probably a very large percentage of serious amateur to pro. In comparison, the Spark and Mavic are younger and less experienced... and full of vinegar... gets a little expressive. The Inspire forum is very broad... with the matrices included... great experience with a good peppering of open expressions. The Phantom forum, not sure... minimal time there. But it's definitely a mix and has some quick to be snappy in debates... little defensive in a sort.
All just an opinion of a casual observation.
A good synopsis of the forums Doug. Debate with respect for all participants makes for a healthy and vibrant forum.

The Skydio product should lend itself to a good mix of users. Action sports, photo/videography, and some professional inspection and mapping with its OA and DroneDeploy integration.

In comparison, the Spark and Mavic are younger and less experienced...
Not necessarily but are more argumentative there than in PP.
You just don’t have a clue. ?

Not necessarily but are more argumentative there than in PP.
You just don’t have a clue. ?

:cry: You may have a point... I tend to reside in a sheltered retirement home with young nurses.
;)I recall one "shared link" from another source recently in PP that was sprinkled with spicy flavor.

LOL... not sure of chronological age, but based on "some" of the discussions, reactions, and diversions... majority isn't a group of seasoned elder pilot's discussion... that tend to deviate to additional related sub-tangent subjects. The "younger" attention (in my opinion) tend to introduce something as "one up" or out of context... similar to when verbally chatting. The lengthy threads on how far you can fly out distance, or how high... and strongly defend your position. Chat about the reason 1 craft is better than the other based on "hacked" Firmware as a priority? That's exhibiting responsibility to the Flying RC community? Haven't seen those discussions on Yuneec or Inspire... or Commercial forums.

The Yuneec Forum traverses across a lot of aviation, RC, Regs and historical impacts. Yep, they have their share of DJI spatter... but mainly pretty informative threads regardless of what brand or model you're flying. The H520 or H480 are my least used crafts, but the Yuneec thread is probably the most informative, mainly due to the Contributor's experience & input.

That's beginning to change for the positive with a central pro collective; the Pro group that consists of a lot of Elder, Seasoned Recreational, and serious flyers from several forums and Younger Pros are beginning to collect on the Commercial Pilots Forum... that forum is rather thin in size but brings a lot of substantial, informative discussions in a very short growth.

I'm hoping the the Skydio forum follows that direction more than the Mavic & Spark direction.

Reactions: dirkclod
Is early yet but we shall see.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup