Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Has anyone received their Skydio 2 yet?

Maybe demand was much greater than they expected.

Or they just didn’t have the capital to source enough parts and ramp up production earlier.

Do they require a deposit or someth8ng?

If they don’t have the money, even with orders they may not be able to manufacture enough.

Maybe they need the cash from early orders to pay for manufacture of later orders.

Maybe demand was much greater than they expected.

Or they just didn’t have the capital to source enough parts and ramp up production earlier.

Do they require a deposit or someth8ng?

If they don’t have the money, even with orders they may not be able to manufacture enough.

Maybe they need the cash from early orders to pay for manufacture of later orders.
Not sure of the significance, or indication to their financial strength, there was a $100 pre-order fee.
I tend to agree that does indicate financial position needs to be reinforced, the capital position probably isn’t strong reserves.

DJI has been aware of the optical only tracking failure for years. Like many Chinese companies DJI continues to market this potentially dangerous feature and legitimize it through American and other non Chinese employees.

DJI is about making money like any other company, so why invest in technology when you don’t have a competitor? DJI owns the market and they crush any upstarts through sheer market domination.

DJI will react to real competition; I think they are sitting back observing the situation to see if SD goes 3DR or has an impact on the market. Selling substandard drones for high prices is very profitable. Adding this tech will cost Yen between additional hardware and sophisticated calibrations.

DJI is anything but stupid, in fact the opposite; although I heard much of the DJI “talent” left in the internal debacle.
I’m sure DJI has a backup to counter SD but will only release what is needled to own the market. Look at the Mavic lineup so much redundancy but guys keep buying, theres nothing that stands out on any of them. Complacency is good enough when you’re top of the pile.

What does any of this have to do with the thread title?

DJI outsources software, this where the magic of the Skydio is implemented with the hardware. I doubt that DJI will have this level of OA within six months. that is not to say that the M3 won't make a leap forward in OA but can it close the huge gap that quick?
What does this have to do with the thread title :)

Reactions: GarthH and parkgt
Nothing, no one seems to care.

And no I haven't received mine yet!

DJI has been aware of the optical only tracking failure for years. Like many Chinese companies DJI continues to market this potentially dangerous feature and legitimize it through American and other non Chinese employees.

DJI is about making money like any other company, so why invest in technology when you don’t have a competitor? DJI owns the market and they crush any upstarts through sheer market domination.

DJI will react to real competition; I think they are sitting back observing the situation to see if SD goes 3DR or has an impact on the market. Selling substandard drones for high prices is very profitable. Adding this tech will cost Yen between additional hardware and sophisticated calibrations.

DJI is anything but stupid, in fact the opposite; although I heard much of the DJI “talent” left in the internal debacle.
I’m sure DJI has a backup to counter SD but will only release what is needled to own the market. Look at the Mavic lineup so much redundancy but guys keep buying, theres nothing that stands out on any of them. Complacency is good enough when you’re top of the pile.
Agree with ya... and the 3DR failure was in a large part DJI's manipulations of market, manufacturing, media reviewers, etc.

I haven't gotten mine yet... due March estimate... or it was March, not sure now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UpAboveVisuals