Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Hello from Michigan

MTPockets

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Jeff Apczynski and I'm a drone newbie. My wife gave me a Skydio 2+ Pro package for Christmas and I'm in the process on learning how to fly it and use all of it's features. Unfortunately, my Skydio 2+ was having camera and sensor issues and working through support I had to send the drone back to Skydio to get a replacement. Bummer!

Anyway, I do have a couple of questions on how to use this drone perhaps some of you can help.

First, is there way to have an overlay on the screen for photographic composing . I could not find a setting to add a rule of thirds line overlay on the screen. Is this possible?

Secondly, Is there a way to save more than one set of keyframes? I'd like to run through a pattern taking videos showing the same path through the 4 seasons. T think that would make some interesting video. I have 40 acres in mid-Michigan and running the same path throughout the year would be cool.

Finally, one of my hobbies is 3D modeling and photogrammetry. Is there a way to have the drone fly a pattern and take pictures every so often? I know their Enterprise systems can do this but I'd like to do this as an individual running Open Drone Map (WebODM).

Thanks

-jeff-

Reactions: GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

First, is there way to have an overlay on the screen for photographic composing . I could not find a setting to add a rule of thirds line overlay on the screen. Is this possible?
No. But a good idea. Perhaps make a suggestion to Skydio support.
Secondly, Is there a way to save more than one set of keyframes? I'd like to run through a pattern taking videos showing the same path through the 4 seasons. T think that would make some interesting video. I have 40 acres in mid-Michigan and running the same path throughout the year would be cool.
Not that I have found. According to Skydio, the previous keyframe should be saved, but that hasn't happened for me. So, I have had to create new keyframe missions every time. I think there are rumors that may be in a future firmware update.

Finally, one of my hobbies is 3D modeling and photogrammetry. Is there a way to have the drone fly a pattern and take pictures every so often? I know their Enterprise systems can do this but I'd like to do this as an individual running Open Drone Map (WebODM).
The Skydio 2+ does not have this capability (at least for now )

No one from Sydio reviews these threads that I know of, so I suggest contacting Skydio through their website about your requested features.

Reactions: Blue Bird
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

No. But a good idea. Perhaps make a suggestion to Skydio support.

Not that I have found. According to Skydio, the previous keyframe should be saved, but that hasn't happened for me. So, I have had to create new keyframe missions every time. I think there are rumors that may be in a future firmware update.

The Skydio 2+ does not have this capability (at least for now )

No one from Sydio reviews these threads that I know of, so I suggest contacting Skydio through their website about your requested features.
Thanks for the info. I think I'll suggest these items with Skydio Support. Who knows, perhaps they might be thinking of adding these items in the future. For the time being, for the Rule of Thirds, I'll have to tape some string on the display to mimic an overlay.

Reactions: GFields

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup