Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Hello from the west coast!

FirstAscent

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Currently living the RV life on the road and finally was able to purchase my S2 yesterday, so hopefully it ships next week! Was less than 45 days too since I reserved it so that was positive!

I also have an Autel Evo II Pro which is a great drone, but I really needed (wanted?) the S2 for its autonomy and unmatched obstacle avoidance for mountain biking, side by sides, and whatever else!

I ordered the Cinema kit but honestly don’t think I’ll ever use the controller since I’m only interested in it’s autonomy, but wanted everything else on the kit.

can’t wait to receive this thing!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum ?

Reactions: FirstAscent
Welcome I’m new as well? It shouldn’t take long, mine here in N.Calif took 42 days, only one day shipping. Enjoy!
Yeah so far it’s on a good timeline!

they were stating 45 days max.
Reserved with $100 deposit on 1/25
Received email and paid on 2/18
So now hoping it actually ships and leaves their warehouse soon since I’m on the road and had to do some work around so I had somewhere to ship it too ha.
But I’m in SoCal so should be fast like yours once it actually ships :)

how long did yours take to ship out once you paid in full?

6 days, I paid in full on a Friday and received my S2 on Thursday. The weekend was a definite factor, I’m in Humboldt County roughly 5-6 hours North of the Bay Area. So my shipping time was overnight as I expected.

6 days, I paid in full on a Friday and received my S2 on Thursday. The weekend was a definite factor, I’m in Humboldt County roughly 5-6 hours North of the Bay Area. So my shipping time was overnight as I expected.
Thank you!

I’m currently near Temecula/Murrieta, if mine follows that same shipping timeline that would be perfect! Thanks again for the data points, and keep enjoying the flying!

Hey everyone!
Currently living the RV life on the road and finally was able to purchase my S2 yesterday, so hopefully it ships next week! Was less than 45 days too since I reserved it so that was positive!

I also have an Autel Evo II Pro which is a great drone, but I really needed (wanted?) the S2 for its autonomy and unmatched obstacle avoidance for mountain biking, side by sides, and whatever else!

I ordered the Cinema kit but honestly don’t think I’ll ever use the controller since I’m only interested in it’s autonomy, but wanted everything else on the kit.

can’t wait to receive this thing!!
Are you posting RV life videos to youtube ? Channel name ?

My S2 came a week ago. Wondering where everyone goes to fly legally around the South Bay ( San Jose, Mountain View, Gilroy, Milpitas, etc ). To fly in county parks, the fee is now $265 per day.
If there is no place to fly, might as well return the S2.

Hi, did you ever draw any conclusions about this? I have the same questions (though more about East/North Bay). I don’t trust unofficial webpages or even the apps I’ve found. For example B4UFLY shows a number of (maybe all?) EBRPD parks as flyable when they most definitely are not: Enjoy Your New Drones, Just Not in the Parks

Edit: Kind of an odd resource as it's a page advocating for banning drones there (Cesar Chavez Park in Berkeley), but I figure as such it probably would be pretty up to date if there was an actual ban: Needed: No Drone Zone.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup