Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

How do you find the S2 when it's lost?

Open up the app, go to the info page, then select the Skydio under devices, once that's open at the bottom there's a "Find Skydio2-XXXX. Select it, there will be a blank screen with 3 icons. One is you, the other arrow looking one is where the drone went down. Start moving and you have to zoom in a bunch to detect your movement, adjust so that you are going toward the drone and continue to zoom in as necessary. It always leads me right to the drone when I use it correctly.

Reactions: RadConSuper
Open up the app, go to the info page, then select the Skydio under devices, once that's open at the bottom there's a "Find Skydio2-XXXX. Select it, there will be a blank screen with 3 icons. One is you, the other arrow looking one is where the drone went down. Start moving and you have to zoom in a bunch to detect your movement, adjust so that you are going toward the drone and continue to zoom in as necessary. It always leads me right to the drone when I use it correctly.

Thank you!

Reactions: Ridefreak
It always leads me right to the drone when I use it correctly.
You say this as if you’ve lost yours quite a few times haha.

In any case, thanks for the info, will be good to know in case of these types of events!

You say this as if you’ve lost yours quite a few times haha.

In any case, thanks for the info, will be good to know in case of these types of events!
twice, both times I started out using the locator incorrectly, spent literally a couple hours looking, it was frustrating. Once I used the icons correctly it took about 10 min to find the drone. There was 6 mos between attempts and apparently I forgot how to use it, I doubt I'll make that mistake again.

Reactions: RadConSuper
twice, both times I started out using the locator incorrectly, spent literally a couple hours looking, it was frustrating. Once I used the icons correctly it took about 10 min to find the drone. There was 6 mos between attempts and apparently I forgot how to use it, I doubt I'll make that mistake again.
Trial by fire, that’s usually how I learn too haha.

I also use what’s called a Marco Polo, it’s a Drone locater system that uses small tags that use LoJack and the signal is picked up by a handheld device. I’m in a very rural area and if you go down it’s a real challenge beating the brush. 6AF2CD14-92BE-4CA5-8632-277E42AB13A1.jpeg

Reactions: Captain Ken

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup