Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Insurance -- State Farm

csperry

Reaction score
I have been playing with smaller/cheaper drones for a few years. Wanted a DJI and kept wanting the price to drop which never did. Bought the Skydio ( I know near same $$ with options) but DJI has a replacement insurance and many folks were buying State Farm in addition. My concern is if it goes nuts (gimbal failure) or other conditions I want to protect my investment. I'm not always convinced the unit will land where I can retrieve it. The Skydio warranty seems excellent as long as you meet the pre-set conditions. Has anyone bought third party protection?

I have 5 DJI drones (waiting on my S2) and a State Farm Personal Article Protection (PAP) policy cost me $75 to cover $5200 in drones. I have not had a chance (looks up to the sky and says "thanks") to put in a claim but have heard of people getting their claims handled well BUT, then getting dropped. Hope this helps.

I have been playing with smaller/cheaper drones for a few years. Wanted a DJI and kept wanting the price to drop which never did. Bought the Skydio ( I know near same $$ with options) but DJI has a replacement insurance and many folks were buying State Farm in addition. My concern is if it goes nuts (gimbal failure) or other conditions I want to protect my investment. I'm not always convinced the unit will land where I can retrieve it. The Skydio warranty seems excellent as long as you meet the pre-set conditions. Has anyone bought third party protection?
I've had State Farm on a PAP for 2 1/2 years. Great protection for any event. They pay fast. If u have 2 claims they will not renew.

I've had State Farm on a PAP for 2 1/2 years. Great protection for any event. They pay fast. If u have 2 claims they will not renew.
State Farm PAP is a bargain, if you can get it for drones. Strangely, they won't sell it in CA!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup