Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

iPhone vs iPad

Captain Ken

Reaction score
I'm just learning but is it easier/better to fly with an iPhone or iPad?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I’m using a iPad Pro with my S2 and in the past I’ve used it or a iPad mini. I find the larger screen over a phone gives me more depth and input. I have both Dirty Js and the Parrot holder, I prefer the Parrot even though you can close the controller with the J.

Reactions: Captain Ken
Yea id agree with both posts. I purchased an iPad mini 5 LTE just for drone use. The screen realestate is a big bonus. Im also just getting my fet wet with the Skydio2 and did not buy the controller. I am learning to fly with the iPad and using the screen controls. Not an easy thing..... with very little tactile responses to your actions on the screen. But the screen size helps me keep things where they need to be for that awesome image.

Yea id agree with both posts. I purchased an iPad mini 5 LTE just for drone use. The screen realestate is a big bonus. Im also just getting my fet wet with the Skydio2 and did not buy the controller. I am learning to fly with the iPad and using the screen controls. Not an easy thing..... with very little tactile responses to your actions on the screen. But the screen size helps me keep things where they need to be for that awesome image.
When you can you have to try the controller, it’s a whole new way of flying. Getting used to the S2 making decisions and acting befor you normally would, takes a bit to get used to. The S2 always has some degree of control when using the Controller in tight spaces, but flying in those tight areas is where it shines. Trust is the name of the game, I plan to get a Beacon later so all my time has been via Controller.

I use a iPad mini 4 with my DJI drones, but generally with Skydio I'm motion tracking with beacon so phone works best as it's going in my pocket the minute the action starts. There's obvious advantage of more screen real estate makes tons of sense if your going for more scenic shots with the controller. Biggest problem I have with iPad is direct sunlight makes it pretty hard to see. Maybe iPad mini 5 is better, but now your bringing a sun hood which adds a whole another level of janky to the already poor controller setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup