Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Issue updating Firmware on Skydio2

paulshahtx

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. My SKydio2 had a issue, I had sent it for a repair and it came back after a month. Today when I connected with battery and tried fly it. I am getting this error. On the fly page it is saying skydio needs to be updated but when I try and go to update the firmware or software on skydio it is giving me an error saying software up to Date.

I have already sent an email to the support but skydio support is super slow in helping customers. Can any of the experts here help on is there a manual way to update the software or firmware by connecting it to the computer or something.

I am on IOS - IphoneX - IOS 14.8 App version - 15.10.0 (6)

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 1.png
    1.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.png
    2.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.png
    3.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
I am having the same issue. I received my Skydio 2 back, that I sent for repair but, with a different serial number and wifi information. I also read, from forum comments, new drone owners having same issues with second-hand drones. I am not sure if there is a connection.

Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
Sounds like we're all in the same boat. Have tried every conceivable alteration to bypass the issue. iOS up to date, skydio app up to date, Cellular on, cellular off, no wifi, wifi only, but still the drone itself has the "Software up to date" error message despite it currently only having firmware version 7.0.27.

Thank you all but I think Skydio support can be little better - it takes them a long time to even reply. I wish they would have better and a faster way to help us. I did write to Skydio support. If all of you also did the same and get reply faster please share and I will do the same here. This way we all can get to flying again :)

Reactions: BTCI
Trying to get my first flight in. New purchase not refurbished or second owner. Same or similar issues with update. Will try hard reset on phone. Dont laugh, its it's a iPhone se. Software version is 15.1

Trying to get my first flight in. New purchase not refurbished or second owner. Same or similar issues with update. Will try hard reset on phone. Dont laugh, its it's a iPhone se. Software version is 15.1
Fix, I think. Turned off cellular data and download to the drone worked

Fix, I think. Turned off cellular data and download to the drone worked
Good point, I'm frequently messing with the phone's local wifi when the drone is turned on, I can see how that'd easily happen due to innitially shutting off the local wifi to connect to the drone. Glad you were able to get it going. Merry Christmas!

Reactions: BTCI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup