Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Landing glove

LivinLarge

Reaction score
This was a test to se if the Skydio would find a logo on my glove and land on it. Hoping this will improve accuracy of landing in situations where you cannot easily move, but have the Skydio come to you.

Pretty cool! Now, if Skydio would just enable a "hand-catch mode," that would make the glove unnecessary. The avoidance stuff should be disabled in that mode, instead of playing hide and seek.

Pretty cool! Now, if Skydio would just enable a "hand-catch mode," that would make the glove unnecessary. The avoidance stuff should be disabled in that mode, instead of playing hide and seek.
Hand catching is not that difficult. It does turn off OA as it descends. It does descend very rapidly though.

Hand catching is not that difficult. It does turn off OA as it descends. It does descend very rapidly though.
Yeah it would just be nice if you could set it into hand-catch mode and not have to play song and dance with it.

When sitting in my kayak, floating down the river, I can't move quickly to get under the Skydio as it is coming down. That's the reason I tested the glove with a logo in hopes it would bring the Skydio to me if its off a bit.

Reactions: scrampker
Cool idea, but a bit unnecessary.
Yeah it would just be nice if you could set it into hand-catch mode and not have to play song and dance with it.
Yellow lights mean the obstacle avoidance is off. Don't try to catch it until they come on. It drops right into the hand.

That's the reason I tested the glove with a logo in hopes it would bring the Skydio to me if its off a bit.
Yeah this is a really cool idea for that. Allow the AI to do some of the work for you. Good thinking man!

Yellow lights mean the obstacle avoidance is off. Don't try to catch it until they come on. It drops right into the hand.

Yep yep, I probably catch mind half of the time. Especially on hikes, etc. Uneven terrain. If I'm on the beach, parks, etc, then I just leisurely allow it to land on the case. My only point is it would be nice if you could engage some sort of dedicated hand-catch mode, so you can float it into position a lot easier. Everyone has experienced the annoying dog-and-pony show of trying to get the thing close enough to comfortably catch it. Yep, you can raise it up a bit, then tell it to land, but you are increasing risk due to strong winds, etc. It works as-is, but like many things in life, it could be improved upon.

Yeah yellow light is the new green light. Start landing, wait for yellow, and it'll lower right into your palm. I pretty much hand launch and land all the time. I'm rarely somewhere where I want to let my drone touch the ground. Snow, sand, mud, none of those places are drone friendly.

I've been using the camera to tell me when OA goes off, it points down. I never noticed the change in light color.

Normally I just tell it to stop nearby, make sure it's about 15' off the ground, if not I raise it up a little. Then tell it to land, when the camera points downward I walk over and stick my hand out. It pretty much drops in to my palm.

I wouldn't want to trust that on that in a Kayak, the glove's a good idea.

Nice! Was it a piece of paper or did you print the logo on a piece of glove?

Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup